Question about finishing Phase 1 and Uniform

hello everyone, so I've joined up to become a communications system operator in the signals, my phase 1 starts on the 6th of April and I should finish this a few weeks before my mums wedding, my question is, would I have a uniform to wear for my mums wedding? ( she wants me to wear it at her wedding so she can feel proud) and if I do get a uniform, which one would it be? Thanks a lot for any information!

Not at phase 1 you won't get No.2s. Probably ask permission just to be on the safe side.
Don't worry, your mum will be made up anyway :)

DITA

MIA
Do you not get FAD to pass out in these days?

You'll get what everyone still refers to as number 2s, and will wear them at your pass out parade at the end of your 14 weeks of phase 1. If your mum's wedding is during phase 2, you'll need to check if you can make it.

DITA

MIA
What he said^.

FAD is gopping kit though. If you're already in Pahse 2 at that point, mebbes get yourself down the QM's and see about signing out some No 1 dress. Much smarter. Just dont fall for the '1 rank up' stuff. You'll only get caught out.

Is this the no.2 you're referring to? Thanks for the responses

dress_no2.jpg

What he said^.

FAD is gopping kit though. If you're already in Pahse 2 at that point, mebbes get yourself down the QM's and see about signing out some No 1 dress. Much smarter. Just dont fall for the '1 rank up' stuff. You'll only get caught out.

That's only if you're actually the one getting married. And don't be tempting to tip up with all manner of badges, bling and swords - you'll only look a tit.

Last edited:
Hm okay, thanks for helping. The reason I wanted to see what it looks like is because my mum wants to see what it looks like :) thanks again!

Hm okay, thanks for helping. The reason I wanted to see what it looks like is because my mum wants to see what it looks like :) thanks again!

I can understand that. It's just that (as you'll soon realise) how it looks exactly depends on your Corps/Regiment. Some will wear caps with it, others won't. Lanyards are different colours, and some have different colour trousers. She will see exactly how it looks, and how you look in it (because after 14 weeks training, everyone will say you look different) on your pass out parade.

Good luck to you, and don't be afraid to ask questions both on here and in phase 1.

DITA

MIA
Brown and scratchy.

If you do opt for FAD, see if there is someone kicking about Blandford with Ammo Boots they can gie ya a lend of. Not strictly part of the modern uniform, but a heck of a lot smarter than shoes.

But the stores have a stock of No 1 Dress, and that certainly looks smarter than most.

I can understand that. It's just that (as you'll soon realise) how it looks exactly depends on your Corps/Regiment. Some will wear caps with it, others won't. Lanyards are different colours, and some have different colour trousers. She will see exactly how it looks, and how you look in it (because after 14 weeks training, everyone will say you look different) on your pass out parade.

Good luck to you, and don't be afraid to ask questions both on here and in phase 1.

Thank you very much :)

Latest Threads