Question about farriers

Do farriers have a seperate combat role - ie are they crewmen as well, or do they just sort out horses feet and do the parades?

Farriers would be with HQ Echelon, MT mainly, in times of operational duty.

soprano54 said:
GDav said:
Farriers would be with HQ Echelon, MT mainly, in times of operational duty.
I think they are mainly located at the A1! With the balance held within the A2 co-located with Tech, so they can prep the pads!
I think you're right.

I think during wartime when the horses are not available they keep their hand in (!) by w*nking off each other....it's a HCav thing...

Farriers are fcuking weird blokes thats for sure! I remember being bent over a can of 220 while a farrier fixed my fcuked boot sole. Whilst in that position, I was subjected to a group bum humping session by my panzer crew, (31A ) :oops: . Throughout this frenzy, the farrier fixed my boot as if all was normal! Fcuking weirdo!

banjotrooper said:
Farriers are fcuking weird blokes thats for sure! I remember being bent over a can of 220 while a farrier fixed my fcuked boot sole. Whilst in that position, I was subjected to a group bum humping session by my panzer crew, (31A ) :oops: . Throughout this frenzy, the farrier fixed my boot as if all was normal! Fcuking weirdo!
Oh the joys of cavalry. Now where would you get that in civvy street?

Forever_Brunswick_Green said:
I think during wartime when the horses are not available they keep their hand in (!) by w*nking off each other....it's a HCav thing...
In your tiny fantasy world maybe.................hussar

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Cretin said:
Forever_Brunswick_Green said:
I think that they are also responsible for w*nking the horses off on a regular basis...
What? During wartime?
No during wartime the horses are TA: the farrier only w*nks them off on a regular basis.

serious answer to if any one is really botherd farriers have no operational role
they are trade is to be a farrier as it is a full time job here at the cav most of our farriers have been with our recce sqns an have done many a tour so for them its a way enjoy a better life with familly and it pays well

simple answer an to say were wanking of donkeys lol sounds like a few of you know a lot bout it yourself ******* farmboys

Beg to correct young sir. Farriers are HQ Sqn and can be pressed into any operational role they have the trades for.

Try telling your Sqn Ldr you don't do scheme's or ops because you're a farrier. LOL

As for wnaking the horses off - it's a rum job but somebody's got to do it and the sabre sqns are too busy. :)

soprano54 said:
Cretin said:
Do farriers have a seperate combat role - ie are they crewmen as well, or do they just sort out horses feet and do the parades?
Thier war role is the re-padding of track!
Aha! I meant to ask this the other day.

But first the background: When I first moved to Bovvy, I noticed lots of chunks of shattered black rubber (?) at all the road junctions. On observing the tanks, this appeared to be shed from the rectangular chunks of stuff on the tracks. So these are called "pads"?

So, now to my question: Are these pads just for on the road? Do the tracks need padding for normal off-road use?
Thanks in anticipation. bb