Question about Army selection.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Jono8192, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, I just had a question as I couldn't find the answer on here. I am hoping for a nice, friendly answer if that is possible.

I wasn't sure how many pressups you are required to do when you go for Army selection. I don't think there is a specifc amount is there? Do you just have to be able to do a decent amount and show determination? (I can do about 40 at the moment).

That's all, thanks.
  2. 44 push-ups, 55 sit-ups, Best effort heaves and 10.30 recommended in the 1.5 mile run.
  3. Hi mate, thanks for replying.

So is the 44 pressups and 55 situps for regular recruits as well? I remember seeing those numbers for Officer selection in the past...
  4. H3

H3 LE

5. you dont do situps / press up tests at ADSC selection mate, have a look here which will provide you with all the fitness test, run times etc

ADSC selection
  6. Thanks a lot guys.

Bat that's a great link, cheers!

I'll watch the vids you gave me aswell.

Thanks for helping.
  7. i dont know if ADSCs vary, but when i was at selection last month we never done any. what ADSC are you off to? i would seek advice from people who have went where you are going m8 as this is the RUMOUR service and people just throw any answer in without ACTUALY KNOWING, me included.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.