Question about Army monthly Expenditures etc

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by faze09, Jul 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all..I am new to the site and just have a quick question

after i get paid in the Army (wages) will i have to leave a certain amount in my bank?
    I have been told that the Army dont look to kindly on you blowing all your wages.

I ask this simply because i plan to put a lot of my wage into savings (assuming i actually get in the Army)

Sorry if i sound stupid but i have had so many people tell me that the Army are very strict when it comes to expenditures etc that im no sure what to believe.

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum also but i cant imagine it is if the forum is called finance lol

thanks guys
  2. The Army follows Mr Micawber's recommendations:

Mr. Micawber, in Charles Dickens' David Copperfield, summed it up by saying:

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen shillings and sixpence, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds and sixpence, result misery.

The Army is not interested in how you spend your money; it is interested if you end up either in debt or unable to buy food from the cookhouse during the last week of the month!

Saving is good. But you will have problems beating inflation.