Question abou joining 2 Scots

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by lewyt666, Oct 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, I live in Falkirk which would make my local regiment 5 Scots, but I would rather join 2 Scots as my Grandad served with them and I would like to carry on something he did. Would they take this into consideration and let me join 2 Scots or will they just put me in 5 Scots anyway?

2. I'm (almost) certain that you can choose a preferred regiment upon passing out of training.
    You would more than likely have to move somewhere closer to where 2 Scots are best, however.

Go ask in your local ACIO :)
  3. Doubt it would be a problem mate. West of Scotland & Glasgow both have poorer levels of recruitment (relative to the other 3) & the family link should seal your battalion of choice for you. Only way you'll know for sure is to head in to the ACIO.

I'm from 5 SCOTS catchment area myself (Dunbartonshire) but am applying to 4 SCOTS (find the armoured role appealing). However if I understood my recruiting sergeant correctly I will default to 2 SCOTS (quite likely as I have absolutely no links to 4 SCOTS & they don't have manning problems) rather than 5 if Highlanders are fully manned as i started the process in the Glasgow branch.

*Don't think you officially select your SCOTS battalion until either week 14 or 17 of training anyway.
  4. aye I thought that. I have selection this week. Just thought I'd get a heads up incase they ask. The Sgt at Stirling already asked all this and I told him bout my grandad and said he's happy to put me forward to the badging board for 2 Scots during training. Fingers crossed. Cheers mate