Query....oooerr

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by The_Lord_Flasheart_III, Apr 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a bit confused here.

As some may be aware, my original username was suspended. It appeared to be reinstated a day or two ago but has now once again been suspended but with a name change too (IMSoospended).

Can any grown ups shed any light on why this has occured?

Was it a case of a cock up on Admins part that the username was allowed to be reinstated or was it brought back on purpose? If it was the latter, why has it again been binned with the added name change?

Seems this whole situation aint going to be buried for the foreseeable future.

Thanks in advance.

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Its all a bit of a farce, some sort of explanation wouldn't go amiss.

3. I thought that the username change was because of a request from Flash, that doesn't appear to be the case.

So, to clarify:

A serving soldier is suspended from a site for serving soldiers, then allowed back on, then suspended again without reason, with a name change. At the same time a civvy with mental illness is allowed to roam freely, without contributing.

On a serious note, have the Admin and Mods of this site considered that the abuse that Sarah-Jane Chubb has been taking on this site probably isn't helping her mental condition, its obviously going to continue as long as she posts, and probably isn't responsible.

The only way to solve this problem is to keep banning it as soon as it appears.

Prae.

4. Just when you thought it had all been sorted.
    A bit of a farce? Appears more of a shambles.

5. Apart from the witch-hunt aspect of that Prae, it simply doesn't work. A lot of people get run off sites for a lot of different reasons. Some of them return with new usernames and learn to play by the rules set by the site owners. Others (the real Trolls) return with exactly the same attitude of "I do what I like, stuff the lot of you".

Those people get enjoyment out of the irritation they cause and they'll simply return again and again. It's almost a sort of bullying - they know they can annoy you and, unlike in real life, they can come back and do it again and again and again in complete safety.

Lots of comparisons have been made between this problem and a gobby Nig at a unit. The difference is that, in real life, the Nig will eventually be on the end of an admin (or medical if he pushes too far) discharge and can't then simply walk back through the door.

The only way to stop a net troll, unless you actually enjoy the Hunt and subsequent flaming / bullying yourself, is to completely ignore it and not rise to the bait.

Of course, asking that of 25000 or so users on here is a bit optimistic. Maybe ;)

Edited to add: If you think about it, given the very professional level of abuse that they receive here, it's quite surprising that Arrse hasn't attracted more of them. How many other sites could guarantee the quality of reactions on here? 8)

6. It appears there is now a flasheart IV, this is ridiculous.

Actually its just fcuking childish.

7. Just spotted that Suits.

Fucking Childish.

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

What was the issue that got him banned anyway?

9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Can we keep this thread on track?

All we would like is an explanation on Flashy Mk1's return, re-banning - and bizzarre name change (which only the two CO's allegedly have the power to do).

10. Wibble

11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

My fault - blamed flash for elite hacking when it was a software bug that meant that accounts reinstate themselves. Sorry.

12. Tsk.
    Could always reinstate him as an offer of goodwill after your mistake.

13. So he wasn't supposed to be reinstated? Oh dear, I'm getting confused now

14. Many thanks for the frank and honest reply, GCO. Alles clare now.

Please feel free to shitcan this thread now that it's been sorted.

I do seem remember someone accusing me of hacking a while back but she was a total cnut. Mmmmm

15. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Well if Flashy Mk1 is still banned, can his account name at least get changed back to normal? It does his post history no justice at all.