Queries about applying to the forces

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Muffasah, Mar 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong section i was in sort of a rush, basically im looking to join one of the forces and am looking for some advice.
    About 6-7 months ago i was giving a caution from the police for firing upon someone with a BB gun. Is this likely to effect wether or not they recruit me or not? I was 17 when the event happened and am now 18, stupid thing to do and iv regretted it ever since, might have just ruined my own dreams for a while.
    All help is appreciated

2. I doubt whether a caution is sufficient grounds for a rejection. But I am not an expert. Ask at your local ACIO. You can't hide it because the Army will check, so be upfront about it.

Good Luck,

Litotes

3. i know a few people who have got in for a lot worse.... as long as you tell them about it then i would expect that its ok... it would be better to tell them than for the ACIO to find out.

good luck

4. I cant be ARRSED to go into a huge explanation about the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (The ruling in which a convicted person has to declare to an employer), but the bottom line is you only have to declare things that you have been charged and dealt with through a court of law. A telling off from a Police Inspector does not merit a criminal record. So the Army does not require to be informed of it, however....

When and if you begin the process at your AFCO/ACIO be totally up front about everything, it will ensure that the recruiters know exactly what and who you are (Honest and Mature hopefully). You will be asked and depending on your job choice the DVA (Defence Vetting Agency) can and will be approached. But from what you have said, then you do not have to worry about your F*ck up. Crack on and get your ARRSE into the careers office fella.

Good luck in your chosen path.

5. Only if you missed... :winkrazz:

6. haha naw i didnt miss, hmm im not sure about the no criminal record comment as its more than just a telling off, it didnt go to the court of law yes but fingerprints etc were taken and the offence itself remains on my record for 5 years. Anyway thanks guys ill go apply later.

7. You'll be fine. Queries are positively encouraged to join the forces these days.

8. One Caution is not going to stop your application.

9. Your name is checked against the Police National Computer database which in turn will flag up the caution and the brief details of the facts. Best thing to do is to be honest, and you will have nothing to worry about.

You could always blame it on PFFS - Post Fun Fair Syndrome

Did he fall when hit??