Queens Xmas message to the Forces

#1
Can't find a link yet but Radio 4 announced that Her Majesty will make a seperate speech on Christmas Eve to the Forces.

This isn't a normal thing, is it? We normally get a couple of sentences in the one on Xmas day.
 
#2
This isn't a normal thing, is it? We normally get a couple of sentences in the one on Xmas day.
That's when you had her son in the RN - but now you have her grandsons in the Army she's more concerned.................................
 
#4
Could it be that she has finally had enough of Tony and his rancid mates ruining her/our great country and this is the rallying call to start the coup?

Please please please please,

Tony's head in a box, what a christmas pressie that would be
 
#5
Tonys head in a box?
Of what earthly use would that be GS?
Gordons head in a box might have a better long term impact
 
#7
Oh please let it be a call for a coup. I sure I can squeeze one in before I become a civvy next year.

We've tried the demoractic approach to running a country and it obviously doesn't work, time for a military junta.

Who wants to be 'El Presidente'?
 
#8
As tempting as it is to take up the role of 'El Presidente', he's the one who normally gets assasinated so no. However, dibs on position of chief of police.
 
#10
Well Liz wore the uniform and "Stood Too" when it mattered so I think she has more respect for the Armed Forces than people give her credit for
 
#11
Stooge said:
As tempting as it is to take up the role of 'El Presidente', he's the one who normally gets assasinated so no. However, dibs on position of chief of police.
Normal Police or 'Secret' Police?

I'll take the job of head of thought police if its open.
 
#13
Voyager said:
This isn't a normal thing, is it? We normally get a couple of sentences in the one on Xmas day.
That's when you had her son in the RN - but now you have her grandsons in the Army she's more concerned.................................
A few years ago Her Majesty gave her speech from Combermere Baracks She seemed to care then and her grandchildren were still in school :D
 
#15
Voyager said:
This isn't a normal thing, is it? We normally get a couple of sentences in the one on Xmas day.
That's when you had her son in the RN - but now you have her grandsons in the Army she's more concerned.................................

Bollox, HMTQ has always had a far greater interest in Her armed forces than any politician.
 
#16
TheHelpfulStacker said:
DozyBint said:
TheHelpfulStacker said:
Who wants to be 'El Presidente'?
You want to make us a republic? 8O How very, erm, French! :dead:
Nah, an 'El' in front of 'Presidente' aways spells miltary junta, as seen throughout South America.

No, lets just be an unconstitutional monarchy. I vote* the D of E to be the Home and Foreign Secretary and Anne to run the MoD. Any other suggestions? What could the PoW, Andy or Eddie do?


* I grant that this would be a rather unmoded concept under this sort of government!
 
#17
Do you reckon HM will want us to bring those colonials to heel as well?

They've a few years worth of unpaid taxes plus a few other points to make good on.
 
#18
Fred_Cat said:
Voyager said:
This isn't a normal thing, is it? We normally get a couple of sentences in the one on Xmas day.
That's when you had her son in the RN - but now you have her grandsons in the Army she's more concerned.................................

Bollox, HMTQ has always had a far greater interest in Her armed forces than any politician.
Well said.

Not only has HMTQ had TWO sons in the RN, she was a Navy wife for six years.
 
#19
TheHelpfulStacker said:
Do you reckon HM will want us to bring those colonials to heel as well?

They've a few years worth of unpaid taxes plus a few other points to make good on.

Maybe, in due course, I think there's a lot more sh*t to sort out in our own back yard first. Still, we've already burnt the White House down once, we can always go back and do it again.
 
#20
Fred_Cat said:
TheHelpfulStacker said:
Do you reckon HM will want us to bring those colonials to heel as well?

They've a few years worth of unpaid taxes plus a few other points to make good on.

Maybe, in due course, I think there's a lot more sh*t to sort out in our own back yard first. Still, we've already burnt the White House down once, we can always go back and do it again.
I would say that it is way overdue for a redecoration,
perhaps a tasteful shade of Flat???



Oh and Zara for Sports Minister(and Entertainments if she is willing!!)
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top