Queens Xmas message to the Forces

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Dec 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Can't find a link yet but Radio 4 announced that Her Majesty will make a seperate speech on Christmas Eve to the Forces.

This isn't a normal thing, is it? We normally get a couple of sentences in the one on Xmas day.

2. That's when you had her son in the RN - but now you have her grandsons in the Army she's more concerned.................................

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Saw it reported on BBC news this AM.No time or station given althought BFBS will probably carry it.

4. Could it be that she has finally had enough of Tony and his rancid mates ruining her/our great country and this is the rallying call to start the coup?

Please please please please,

Tony's head in a box, what a christmas pressie that would be

5. Tonys head in a box?
    Of what earthly use would that be GS?
    Gordons head in a box might have a better long term impact

6. No use, but just make me feel good. I do concur about Gordon though

7. Oh please let it be a call for a coup. I sure I can squeeze one in before I become a civvy next year.

We've tried the demoractic approach to running a country and it obviously doesn't work, time for a military junta.

Who wants to be 'El Presidente'?

8. As tempting as it is to take up the role of 'El Presidente', he's the one who normally gets assasinated so no. However, dibs on position of chief of police.

9. I'll take the job of executioner. I promise to be really slow and make lots of mistakes. I am dulling the blade already

10. Well Liz wore the uniform and "Stood Too" when it mattered so I think she has more respect for the Armed Forces than people give her credit for

11. Normal Police or 'Secret' Police?

I'll take the job of head of thought police if its open.

12. You want to make us a republic? 8O How very, erm, French! :dead:

13. A few years ago Her Majesty gave her speech from Combermere Baracks She seemed to care then and her grandchildren were still in school :D

14. Nah, an 'El' in front of 'Presidente' aways spells miltary junta, as seen throughout South America.

15. Bollox, HMTQ has always had a far greater interest in Her armed forces than any politician.