Queens Speech

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Now I am an old softie but I did find this inspirational and encouraging. We have had comments from her before about national strength but for HM to comment about a crucial moment in our lives is important.

Grimaced slightly at the reference to rainbows - remainder up to the standard I have experienced all my life from the boss.

Immaculate.

Grimaced slightly at the reference to rainbows - remainder up to the standard I have experienced all my life from the boss.

Immaculate.
I wonder how the LGGBXYZ fraternity took that, in a manner of speaking...

"But, but, but they're OUR rainbows"!

Slime

LE
I enjoyed it, and found it to have good content, but couldn’t help thinking that Corbyn would have said he watched it in the morning.

Good speech. Especially the subtle way she worked in the stop being selfish cnuts as 'I hope we will all look back with pride at our actions'.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Immaculate.

Why? She was only referring to something children have been doing to make each other smile.

WHY? it changes nothing, all the waffle and condescending piffle will not help those who are already suffering, or the relatives of the dead, and I'm sure it is a great comfort to the parents of the 5 year old child who died, to know that a woman they have never met, doesn't know her from a tin of beans, or is ever likely to come into contact with is chundering on to a nation, who have more pressing agendas. 3 hours devoted on one TV channel to Covid 19. Talking heads telling us something we are all intimately well aware of. Its on the news 24/7 in the press and out on the streets, staring you in the face.

She would could be better employed, sorting out Andrew, and mentoring her daft grandson.
If thats the way you feel deck off across the water, to that republic that speaks almost the same language yet is tied to europe by treaty….
Many around the world have the utmost respect for HM, only lady in the world able to command that respect.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wonder how the LGGBXYZ fraternity took that, in a manner of speaking...

"But, but, but they're OUR rainbows"!
Exactly, I hope we can start reclaiming all the shoite that the LGBTXYZ+ have misappropriated over the years.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Exactly, I hope we can start reclaiming all the shoite that the LGBTXYZ+ have misappropriated over the years.
I love rainbows, me.

All we need is the mythical pot of gold at the end and all will be right with the world ...

WHY? it changes nothing, all the waffle and condescending piffle will not help those who are already suffering, or the relatives of the dead, and I'm sure it is a great comfort to the parents of the 5 year old child who died, to know that a woman they have never met, doesn't know her from a tin of beans, or is ever likely to come into contact with is chundering on to a nation, who have more pressing agendas. 3 hours devoted on one TV channel to Covid 19. Talking heads telling us something we are all intimately well aware of. Its on the news 24/7 in the press and out on the streets, staring you in the face.

She would could be better employed, sorting out Andrew, and mentoring her daft grandson.

Edited to add, the swear filter chopped it out.
For the avoidance of doubt I accused you of being being a masterbator

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
HMQ, as ever, picks just the right words for the situation. For all @A signaller moans about her, words are the tools she employs in her job; and employs them very well indeed.

You obviously don't realise that HMQ takes an interest in what goes on in the country.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Exactly. I have no problem with the alphabet people at all, but the rainbow that the kids are doing is a truly innocent expression in what to them must be a very confusing and frightening time.

HMQ, as ever, picks just the right words for the situation. For all @A signaller moans about her, words are the tools she employs in her job; and employs them very well indeed.
If I was ASignaller I'd have told the media that he was available to offer some words of comfort instead of HM. Still he does make oi larf. :cool:

unh hunh.

I'm guessing that you're not getting the whole 'Head of State' thing?

. . . and, no, I'm not going to explain it: if you haven't got it by now, then you never will.