Queens Silver Jubilee Medal.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I was changing units from an NI posting and re-posted to my Battalion. On arrival the Adjutant opened his draw and handed me the Queen's Jubilee Medal in an envelope with the standard citation. I was embarrassed to tell him that I was already awarded one in my previous unit. It was decided that it would look good on the Drum Major. In addition: a funny story. I accompanied a young soldier to a Court in Cardiff, he was quite a good soldier so I spoke up for him as best I could. The Judge, looked across at me after I had spoken and said " Coming from someone with the Military Cross then I will certainly take your word. The soldier was fined just a few pounds. The military Cross he spoke of was my Queen's Jubilee medal.

A mixture of humour and pathos on this thread - though the entire QSJM fiasco was just another Labour Government insult to serving personnel at that time.
In 1977 the non issue of QSJM took second place to the fact Jocks couldn't even get so much as a pair of socks.... the Labour Government's 'Moratorium' was in full swing.
I believe my Bn received 5 or 6 QSJMs - the awards weren't even announced!

On arrival the Adjutant opened his draw and handed me the Queen's Jubilee Medal in an envelope with the standard citation. I was embarrassed to tell him that I was already awarded one in my previous unit. It was decided that it would look good on the Drum Major.
You slipped up there. QSJM and bar.

You'd have been famous in the Walt threads.

Well played Sir.

Think we got 3 in our Bn . Co, RSM and youngest serving Soldier?
That was the same deal at our Depot where I was serving, the fact that the youngest soldier had only been in the army for 2 weeks did piss some of the oldies off a bit...happy days indeed

A mixture of humour and pathos on this thread - though the entire QSJM fiasco was just another Labour Government insult to serving personnel at that time.
In 1977 the non issue of QSJM took second place to the fact Jocks couldn't even get so much as a pair of socks.... the Labour Government's 'Moratorium' was in full swing.
I believe my Bn received 5 or 6 QSJMs - the awards weren't even announced!
Only on arrse could a Labour Gvt 40 years ago be blamed for cold war coffin dodgers not having any tin:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Checks calendar. Run up to November, what bonk clangers can I get away with on Remembrance Sunday they all post

You can borrow mine if you want, they are hanging off a commando dagger shield in my shitter, need a right good polish though, its where I hang my wetsuits and is a bit damp

******* reflective glory, shuffling cuntbuckets

Only on arrse could a Labour Gvt 40 years ago be blamed for cold war coffin dodgers not having any tin
Well, it would be difficult to accuse Blair.

...although he may not be entirely innocent...

Only on arrse could a Labour Gvt 40 years ago be blamed for cold war coffin dodgers not having any tin:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Not directly linked, but....

Willie Hamilton, Labour MP for Fife, was clearly underwhelmed by the
Queen's Silver Jubilee Medal he was awarded.

He announced that put it up for sale as soon as he received it.

The proceeds were intended to go to his constituency party election fund.

Checks calendar. Run up to November, what bonk clangers can I get away with on Remembrance Sunday they all post

You can borrow mine if you want, they are hanging off a commando dagger shield in my shitter, need a right good polish though, its where I hang my wetsuits and is a bit damp

******* reflective glory, shuffling cuntbuckets
A Commando dagger shield? I'm impressed wee man... the complaint was about the Labour defence moratorium not meaningless jubilee medals. Mind you don't catch cold in your damp wetsuit!

A Commando dagger shield? I'm impressed wee man... the complaint was about the Labour defence moratorium not meaningless jubilee medals. Mind you don't catch cold in your damp wetsuit!
Thank you so much for your kind words, Jane. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

ugly

LE
Frankly I find wearing grandads gongs a bit bizarre too.

Missed out in the raffle for QSJM but was OK for QGJM and QDJM not convinced that there are any more Battles of Jubilee to be fought. I will admit a degree of disappointment that I didn't manage the hat-trick but them's the breaks.