queens royal lancers

hi, following my other topic a few weeks back, i have setlled on QRL as what i want to do. but a few questions, where do most of the lads come from, im from south would that be ok, and does afc harrogate recruit for the queens royal lancers?
thanks george.

I spent 17 years in the 17/21 and loved every minute of it and I am Welsh. See also QRL.COM and ITROOPLANCERS to contact members and former members of 16/5. 17/21 Lancers. Most of the boys come from the Staffs, Notts Area but you can't hold that against them ,some of them can almost read

thanks for the quick replys lads, one more question, how much ceremonial stuff do you do, i wouldnt mind a bit but wouldnt like loads of it, thanks, george.

saltman147 said:
thanks for the quick replys lads, one more question, how much ceremonial stuff do you do, i wouldnt mind a bit but wouldnt like loads of it, thanks, george.
Not a lot I never did any of that crap, they are recce not guards

tropper66 said:
saltman147 said:
Not a lot I never did any of that crap, they are recce not guards
Boot troop Bsqn El Adam Lybia 1969

Attachments

saltman147 said:
Not a lot, One Squadron has done Buck House, but well dont think another trip there is on the cards for a while.

saltman147 said:
great cheers.
now just got to find out if afc harogate recuits qrl :)
cheers again for the quick replys.
Don.t ask tell, you can join any unit YOU want just tell them your uncle Jim served with them

I'm hoping to join the QRL as soon as I can, In response to the question about recruiting areas, I'm in Northants, would it be difficult to get into the QRL or would I get pressured into the 9/12L? I was told to say that my grandad was 16/5, apparently it works a charm.

I'm currently TA but my civvy job has gone all pete tong so I'm trying to go Regular, but all the paperwork is complicating things. I have settled on the QRL as I have a mate in the Regt, and so far I have heard good things. But what are peoples opinions of the Regiment? are they good lads to work with?

Thanks in advance

tropper66 said:
saltman147 said:
great cheers.
Don.t ask tell, you can join any unit YOU want just tell them your uncle Jim served with them
Print this off and say it's your uncle/ grandad

Attachments

george163 said:
Pink overalls.
erm.... right, moving on.
Castrol oil fireproof red overalls from the days when the Lancers did fun things, expeditions, car rallys ect

Suited_And_Booted said:
I'm hoping to join the QRL as soon as I can, In response to the question about recruiting areas, I'm in Northants, would it be difficult to get into the QRL or would I get pressured into the 9/12L? I was told to say that my grandad was 16/5, apparently it works a charm.

I'm currently TA but my civvy job has gone all pete tong so I'm trying to go Regular, but all the paperwork is complicating things. I have settled on the QRL as I have a mate in the Regt, and so far I have heard good things. But what are peoples opinions of the Regiment? are they good lads to work with?

Thanks in advance
PM me.

saltman147 said:
great cheers.
You can join if possible, who you want. Say you have family connections or mates in it. PM me if you want any help

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
scarletto said:
saltman147 said:
Not a lot, One Squadron has done Buck House, but well dont think another trip there is on the cards for a while.
Why? Did they nick all the silverware?

AlienFTM said:
scarletto said:
saltman147 said:
The regiments silver was a spoil of war and was not stolen and Napoleon Didn't want it back as he was going on holiday

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
tropper66 said:
AlienFTM said:
scarletto said:
saltman147 said:
The regiments silver was a spoil of war and was not stolen and Napoleon Didn't want it back as he was going on holiday
So Napoleon was in Buckingham Palace and parked his silverware there, then while he was on holiday QRL broke in while they were on ceremonial duties and nicked it?

I missed this! Must go a-googling.

Or is this a guilty conscience lol?

You are implying that the Lancers are a theiving shower, when in fact they mearly collect shiny things on a grand scale

I think Tropper, hasnt quite got what you were on about B :D No, Buck house once was enough, some other RACs Regiments have it to look forward to.

Tropper, QRL isnt 16/5th or 17/21st, they may be the 'parents' but QRL has proved itself.