Queens Royal Hussars

Discussion in 'RAC' started by LondonTankie, Jul 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im from london, can i join the QRH or the RDG without getting the shit kicked out of me every morning/noon/night? also which one would you advise?

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Have you checked through HERE

3. They recruit from Brum and NI but there are allsorts there. Great Regt to serve with. I've had a fantastic time and am sad to be moving on.

4. I'm hopefully getting into the QRH (once I pass ADSC in 2 weeks I can say for sure :p) I'm from the republic and any research I've done has shown a lot of Irish heritage due to the joining of the Queens Royal Irish Hussars and the QRH of the time. I don't think it should be an issue where your from though to be honest. There'll probably only be a handful of paddys like myself in it anyway I imagine.

5. I was attached to the QRH and they are a fantastic regiment and I would go back but I would say that 2RTR are better and I would sell my granny to MDN to get a posting back there. 8)

6. Can you choose who you join?
    When do you get to choose?
    Can you choose any?

7. I think you need to be in the recruiting area or be able to go to a specific RO. I'm from the republic and had all my interviews up north so handy enough that they recruit there.I didn't know at first at this may have caused some problems. I dont know why though....

8. You can choose which Reg you want to go. I am in Holywood so any questions pm me. Better by far a queens royal hussar

9. there is no need to fear the QRH - they are all weak!!! Plus if anyone is in the QRH and know Trooper Whea****, then tell him i want my G1098 watch back the thieving little tankie barstuard

10. If I am correct the QRH is an amalglamation ogf the old QRIH & QOH aka 'The Les |Dawson's Own' :? So unless you have a bit of Irish or have ties with Hampshire, don't bother. As it has been stated already, 2RTR is the obvious recruiting area choice, unless you want to go House Hold Cav. But going back to the QRIH, it was once said that they had more Cockneys in them then they did Irish, for some bizzare reason :?

11. Cheers for that.