Queens regulations 503 16(V) what it actually means.

Sometimes the army gets it wrong. Difficult to believe, but there we are. As a hypothetical case, they may take on someone and then fairly quickly regret that decision. So they get rid. Best for you, best for the army.
The authority for discharge can be fairly low. I have seen a discharge applied for, granted by 1*, and implemented in an hour or so.
Some Corps are more ruthless than others. Some Corps take about 12 years to realise they have a waste of rations on board. You know who you are.

Are the forces subject to unfair dismissal law or are they exempt due to unique requirements. In the civey world you have to go through various warning stages unless you do a serious cock up. If that was the case then the OP would know the reason for his dismissal.

PART 1
General Conditions of Enlistment​

1. Your engagement will be of one of the types stated below and will consist of full-time Regular Army service during which you may be called upon to serve in any part of the world. When your Colour service ends you will return to civilian life but if this happens before you have completed the term of service for which you enlisted, you may be required to serve in the Army Reserve for a limited period. Your liabilities as a member of the Army Reserve are explained under “Reserve Service” at paragraphs 25 - 28 below.

2. Her Majesty and the military authorities have the right to discharge you at any time if your services are no longer required.

Hi

Can anyone clarify what this means on a discharge paper, Where there is no wrongdoing any criminal activity, no interview with the senior officer , just immediate discharge, with 1 hour notice.

I want to know who made this decision based on what evidence. can anyone help
You do realise you can submit a freedom of information request online?

PART 1
General Conditions of Enlistment​

1. Your engagement will be of one of the types stated below and will consist of full-time Regular Army service during which you may be called upon to serve in any part of the world. When your Colour service ends you will return to civilian life but if this happens before you have completed the term of service for which you enlisted, you may be required to serve in the Army Reserve for a limited period. Your liabilities as a member of the Army Reserve are explained under “Reserve Service” at paragraphs 25 - 28 below.

2. Her Majesty and the military authorities have the right to discharge you at any time if your services are no longer required.
So basically SNLR because he wasn't upto the standards required...

Sometimes the army gets it wrong. Difficult to believe, but there we are. As a hypothetical case, they may take on someone and then fairly quickly regret that decision. So they get rid. Best for you, best for the army.
The authority for discharge can be fairly low. I have seen a discharge applied for, granted by 1*, and implemented in an hour or so.
Some Corps are more ruthless than others. Some Corps take about 12 years to realise they have a waste of rations on board. You know who you are.
But I wasn't in a corps, I was infantry.

Old-Salt
Hi

Can anyone clarify what this means on a discharge paper, Where there is no wrongdoing any criminal activity, no interview with the senior officer , just immediate discharge, with 1 hour notice.

I want to know who made this decision based on what evidence. can anyone help
This does not look like a correct QR reference. I suspect it it not correctly transcribed in your header from your discharge papers.

The cause of discharge will usually be stated with a QR reference and a description beside it.

eg QR 9.414 SNLR - the causes of discharge all begin with a 9

This does not look like a correct QR reference. I suspect it it not correctly transcribed in your header from your discharge papers.

The cause of discharge will usually be stated with a QR reference and a description beside it.

eg QR 9.414 SNLR - the causes of discharge all begin with a 9
Under QRs 1975, yes.

Prior version had a different numbering scheme. I *think* it was QRs 1955, to coincide with AA1955. But not sure if there was another issue between 1955 and 1975. So if the Op was discharged prior to 1975, 9.414 etc would not apply.

Old-Salt
Roadster, the OP has not told us whether this was two weeks ago, two years ago or two decades ago, but the discharge reasons starting with 9 have been in place, as you say since 1975. I called up the current ones last night and they are still the same, eg 9.414 still means what it did in 1975. but If he was discharged prior to 1975 he would already be drawing his state OAP and be less worried about the reason I reckon.

My apologies for not getting back sooner, but I got out the QR's last night and by the time I had got to Chapter 9 and made that post I slept soundly. I always found them to be a good soporific - far better than horlicks!

Under QRs 1975, yes.

Prior version had a different numbering scheme. I *think* it was QRs 1955, to coincide with AA1955. But not sure if there was another issue between 1955 and 1975. So if the Op was discharged prior to 1975, 9.414 etc would not apply.
Roadster, the OP has not told us whether this was two weeks ago, two years ago or two decades ago, but the discharge reasons starting with 9 have been in place, as you say since 1975. I called up the current ones last night and they are still the same, eg 9.414 still means what it did in 1975. but If he was discharged prior to 1975 he would already be drawing his state OAP and be less worried about the reason I reckon.

My apologies for not getting back sooner, but I got out the QR's last night and by the time I had got to Chapter 9 and made that post I slept soundly. I always found them to be a good soporific - far better than horlicks!

Attachments

It was 1975 - a lifetime ago for some- however sometimes you need to put your life in Order, you never know whats waiting round the next corner.

If it means so much to you after all this time, try here:

An historical Hansard reference tells me this:

' . . . Soldiers whose retention in the Service is considered undesirable on account of persistent petty breaches of discipline may be discharged under paragraph 503 (XIX A) of Queen's Regulations for the Army, 1961 . . . '

Same as us about the same time period from Larkhill

Way back, nearly 40 year’s ago, we were arms plotting to Germany. Mid morning the Adjt asked the BCs for a list of soldiers they didn’t want to take to Germany. By cop they were out, about a half dozen. No reason needed, none given

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
TBH if you were hoofed from the Army as quick as you say, WTF are you doing on here? This is a serious military site designed for the exchange of useful information of a military nature and perusal of photographic images of vehicles of a military nature. It is not the sort of place for strangers to rip the p1ss out of each other, slang each other off or wipe their collective knobs on the RAF Regiment (Special Forces, my arrse), oh ........hang on a minute, I may have gone slightly awry there!

Latest Threads