QUEENS OWN YEOMANRY in Osnabruck !!!!!!

Discussion in 'RAC' started by recce-cpl, Jul 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. QOY Came to Osnabruck for there camp , they have just handed over the CVR's back to us . The general reaction from us regs was that they are a top bunch . The vehicals were handed back in better condition than we gave them over to them . (we have been very busy) They appear to be a very good outfit . Just a few minor piss take points . They had an RDG major who loved the sound of his own voice shouting about lots of trivial stuff , and some officer who really was wearing red mole skin trousers , Chelsea boots , white and blue check shirt with a blazer in the rain , much to the amusement of everybody on the tank park . Please some body tell him that wearing that sort of attire will get him a whole host of abuse . Anyway hope they enjoyed the delights of BFG and bar the odd obese soldier the yeomanry looked and acted the part .

2. Cav STAB don't knock em'.

Will I see you next week recce-cpl at the sad event?

3. QOY Were great , much respect shame about there Fat LE major . Re next week i am away but loads of the boys will be there , regards recce

4. Recce good stuff, was glad to have met you even if it was briefly. Managed to invade your mess though for a BBQ ;).

A good time was had by all and I think both regiments gained a lot from it. Although scarily there were members of the QDG speaking welsh... flashbacks to boarding school...

RDG major... is our RQM I believe. Seems far better than the last one.

5. Yanto,

What sad event would this be?

6. The sad demise of one serving soldier, PM for details.

7. i see the horse did well of course.

8. Ah ye we heard of the sad event. My condolences to the QDG regiment.

As for the horse, it's fixed I say... fixed.

9. Get rid of donkey wallopers, I say. Make them Infantry. No use in the modern Army.

10. Uuuuuuummmmmmm you will have to do better than that get get a rise from the cav you know , we have panache !!!!!!!

11. This is the sense of self assuredness coming from the fact that we have a BV and they have hexy telly I feel recce.

12. I concur my good man ant philip , also less 81mm mortars we can do there job as well as our own , and still look dapper .

13. I think a lovely GPMG and 30mm makes up for that. Sure to give someone a bad day. As for dapper, of course. One bin must be reserved for dining wear... ;)

14. QDG squeezed a result from B Sqn QOY in the football. Hard not to giggle at the SHEEP references from the QOY fans!

Good bunch of lads though!

15. The horse had the power of their mascot helping them. However well done again to the QDG lads who were gracious even in victory.