Queens Own Yeomanry - Guidon Parade - WELL DONE LADS!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Wyvern, Sep 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The QOY marched off the guidons of its composite regiments yesterday, and was presented with a guidon for the QOY as a whole by HRH the Prince of Wales at Alnwick Castle.

Just want to say WELL DONE to the lads, their turnout was immaculate and the parade was amazing, it was a real privalage to be able to see it.

There's a slide show here: http://www.northumberlandgazette.co.uk/audio-video/The-Prince-of-Wales-with.3224878.jp
  2. How do the boys feel about it?

Was there a feeling across the regt that it was a good thing, or did people feel any resentment at laying up the individual guidons?

I really ask because I have a feeling that we are going to have the same thing happen to us soon, although I bet we end up doing it somewhere with a much less impressive backdrop.

No axe to grind at all and the pics look like the parade was carried off with suitable yeomanry aplomb.
  3. I'm not sure how people have been feeling about having one guidon for the regiment as a whole, no-one has really commented on it, the attitude was more looking forward to the parade, and pride in getting the new one. I certainly didn't hear anything negative about it, although it was quite sad when the individual guidons were marched through the regiment to Old Lang Syne. Having said that, I haven't been able to be on camp with the guys so can't say for sure.

I heard our lads barely drank a drop the night before the parade so they were top notch for it, I think for Geordies to forgo their drink for something speaks volumes for the amount of pride they had in the event.
  4. Having been on a course with some QOY lads, and being no teetoaller myself, I can confirm this statement!
  5. Hello,

Can anyone help me i am looking for photos from sat 23rd sept 07 taken at alnwick the queens own yeomanry... my son was one of the 3 choosen from each group to meet prince charles . i took 10 pictures of them together .. unfortunatly my husband had not put the spool in correctly and we have no pictures now ..:( my son is trouper donald from (cupar) c squadron fife & forfar .. please if any one has photos can you contact me ... i feel really bad as this was a chance in a lifetime others in my sons group were richie & gilmore ....etc..

apart from that we had a great day well done to all involved...

mumwhereismy@hotmail.com thanks