Queens Jubilee Pageant

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by mush_dad, May 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mush lad has twisted my arm and convinced me that since it's half term next week it'd be a good idea to venture down to see the pretty boats on sunday.

Recommendations please as to a decent viewing point within striking distance of a good pub, somewhere to nosh and generally avoid the crush (if humanly possible)

Thanks in advance

2. Decent viewing position? The sofa - with a slab of something frosty to hand.

• Like Like x 1
  3. My thoughts exactly, but he has twisted my arm with an offer of a months car valeting - and if you've seen my car at the end of every week, you'd know it was worth it

4. grassy knoll with a bolt action, best seat in the house :)

5. Greenwich maybe? not sure if the pageant finishes there but may be less crowded then central London. look at the website for a few ideas - I have a similar dilemma I said i'd go with a friend but I loathe crowds

6. My plan - walk down to Chelsea Embankment - take one look at the crowds - adjourn to pub round the corner - watch it on the TV (PS don't tell the wife)

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you really want to see it I'd be quite inclined to try anywhere off Nine Elms Lane in Vauxhall (by Battersea Power Station) it's all industrial units but you can get onto the riverside, it probably won't attract the hoards quite so much as it's not so well known about.

There is the Griffin pub 5 minutes walk away and it's a good place.

8. I use to take the boys on trips to London using City Cruises, with their hop-on, hop-off tickets (red river rover) and travell back and forth from Tower Hill to Grenwich and the cutty sark. Nice big ferries that were roomy and comfy. I imagine that the pagent day will be their busiest day ever but still worth checking them out for tickets. As if you can get on board, then you won't get a better view. But don't say about it out loud in case you can't get a place, saves dissapointing junior.

City Cruises | river cruises london thames default

Give them a ring and see what they have to offer.

9. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

the anchor pub Southwark beer and a pageant what more could you ask for ??

10. Is that the Anchor opp Cannon St station ?

Nice pub but crap beer

Thanks anyway,