Queens Jubilee Medal

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by fooboy, Apr 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I spotted Harry sporting the Queens Jubilee Medal at his Parade today, why? His dad and Granddad did not have one so it cannot be because he is a relative. considering the hassle some had who were serving at the time to get one, why has he got it?

2. Cos his granny has a few spare :lol:

3. ALL members of the royal family and royal household are entitled to it as are ALL recipients of the VC and GC!

4. I sent him mine 'cos it looks shite alongside the rest. Effin' cheapo chocolate gong......

5. Anyone care to speculate as to why he can have one?

6. Because he is also a member of the Royal Household. It is not a military award.

HRH The Duke of Edinburgh and HRH The Prince of Wales both wear the Coronation, Silver Jubilee and Golden Jubilee medals.

HRH The Duke of York has the Silver and Golden Jubilee medals.

7. I sold one on Ebay when it was first issued. Got £80 for it, lots of beer money, well chuffed!!!

8. Was it yours?

9. And damn fine it looks in my collection of belgian chocolates :) At least it shines up and is not made of super-cheap alloy or cardboard (like my 2 NATO and 3 UN gongs).

10. No, It was issued to a friend who is a copper, All he wanted was the ribbon so gave him a score for the medal!!

11. Thats just not right, flogging medals like coins.

12. When they were first issued (rather before I got mine) I saw a couple at an Arms Fair in Durham going for £200 8O

13. i can undertsand an Old soldier selling his medals to pay his Bills as his pension is not enough for his living costs, when we shoulkd be providing them a decent retirement.

to sell them for beer tokens is a bit naff