• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Queens guard points gun at gangsta

Z

Zarathustra

Personally I'd have left it up to the Police to deal with, however if the bloke had some how made it past them and on to the forecourt then it would be a different story.

Z

Zarathustra

Exactly there was no requirement for the guy to leave his post, and I'll bet the Police didn't appreciate him coming over waving his gat about and potentially making the situation worse.

I wonder why we still put toy soldiers outside the palace where they can find themselves in these positions.

"Allegedly" brandishing a bayonet to someone who is being a bit animated... Risky in this day and age.

It's London, its cultural. People greet each other by point guns at each other. If you really like them and want to be their friend then a gentle stabbing is used.

Z

Zarathustra

I wonder why we still put toy soldiers outside the palace where they can find themselves in these positions.

"Allegedly" brandishing a bayonet to someone who is being a bit animated... Risky in this day and age.
To be fair he wasn't outside the Palace, he was on the forecourt, he probably flapped and took his briefing a bit to literal.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Given the way things work these days, I'm surprised the police didn't arrest the guardsman.

To be fair he wasn't outside the Palace, he was on the forecourt, he probably flapped and took his briefing a bit to literal.
Apologies I probably could have been more clear.

Basically I was musing as to why soldiers are put in positions where this can happen.

As the photo shows you now have a British soldier pointing a bladed article at someone's neck as he stands there arms folded (relaxed) in the presence of a police officer.

May have been justifiable (I wasn't there) but it looks awful.

Had it been the cop behind him pointing a taser or brandishing his baton at the same "apparently" relaxed man....

Z

Zarathustra

This is an answer to the question, " How do I apply for a career as Dixie basher in the sergeants mess?"

Seeking Enlightenment by looking up my ARRSE
I doubt it, maybe getting told "Don't do it again, that's why the Police are there".

I know someone who was on stag at Jimmies back when they still had the sentry positions on Cleveland Row who chased some American tourists down St Jame's St because they called the Queen a whore or something similar.

I believe all he got was an extra 30 minutes on stag and getting told not to do it again.

I also remember around the same sort of time some Farthers 4 Justice belters managing to get onto the front of Buck Palace. I've no idea how they got up there but it's safe to say they didn't do it in an area where they could have been seen by one of the sentries. The entire company got a bollocking off of the CSM for it.

Latest Threads