Queens garden party

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Twist_To_Open, Jan 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do any of you fine fellows know where to find information on attending queens garden party for military, have found application for civilian mod staff.

2. There's usually some unloved SO2 or SO3 G1 at Bde who deals with this and disseminates all the paperwork to units. Your RAO or Adjt should have a contact.

3. I believe units are allocated 3 places, for which they are requested to provide nominations. Other units/HQs probably operate a similar way. So try the Chief Clerk or similar?

4. Go through your orderly room, or chief clerk. If you still cannot get any joy (cos they've nicked all the applications) then write direct to the Lord Chancellor but I believe if you want to as a military person, you have to go through your unit.

5. Via the Adjt at our place.

6. From what i recall the notice for applications for the military normally come out in mid to late Jan. they tend to go via the G1/MS chain so will probably arrive with you local Regional Bde HQ.

Plus I wouldn't write to the Lord Chancellor but the Lord Chamberlain instead.

7. Why do you want to go?

You will be one amongst thousands and the event sadly lacks a 'beer tent'

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

And dried up sandwiches which suprisingly didnt conatin anything! Should have been called bread!

9. The orderly room gets the appropriate paperwork sent to them every year. Ask the RAO or chief clerk.