Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal...

Yes this is probably a bone post but hey !!

As we all know the Queen's jubilee is approaching and many members of the armed forces are getting the medal....

But what I would like to know, I'm asking to find the answer for one of my privates, if you have done less than the 5yrs of service, can you buy the medal and wear it ?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
If this isn't a wind up (note - not a 'wah') then you need to give yourself a shake and a stiff talking to for being a fuckwit.

As we all know the Queen's jubilee is approaching and many members of the armed forces are getting the medal....

But what I would like to know, I'm asking to find the answer for one of my privates, if you have done less than the 5yrs of service, can you buy the medal and wear it ?
Yes you can but only on the queens birthday.

Yes you can but only on the queens birthday.
Wah shield up, Surely if you are a serving soldier you can't just buy and wear a medal that you are not entitled to and have not been issued! And even if you can why would you want to? ******* Walts! Shield down.

Wah shield up, Surely if you are a serving soldier you can't just buy and wear a medal that you are not entitled to and have not been issued! And even if you can why would you want to? ******* Walts! Shield down.
Ive lost count of how many birds ive rattled off the back of my VC.

N

nickythecat

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - you actually think that you can just 'buy' a gong that you have not earned?! oh my ******* word! who are these people? ;-)

ugly

LE
If you were born before 1972 but served after, and was awarded the Golden Jubilee, then you can buy and wear the silver and diamond jubilees too.
Gen? If so I'm reet pissed off. I was conceived in 1971 but not born until early 1972. Can I apply for a dispensation to allow me to collect my Gongs?

If under 5 years service you can only buy and wear the commemorative medal as confirmed by a previous poster. It highlights to your Seniors, your sense of duty and pride serving the Queen.

If I was a SNCO and part of your chain of command, I would, right now, at this very moment, be losing my right to wear an LS&GC by smashing you in the face with a half-brick.

Medals are issued, not bought. If you want to be a civilian badge collector, join the Scouts.

Now **** off out of my office.

Medals are issued, not bought. If you want to be a civilian badge collector, join the Scouts.
At least the Scouts work for their badges. Soldiers just sit around and wait for them to come (less Gallantry ones).