Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal...

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by townsend3111, Apr 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes this is probably a bone post but hey !!

As we all know the Queen's jubilee is approaching and many members of the armed forces are getting the medal....

But what I would like to know, I'm asking to find the answer for one of my privates, if you have done less than the 5yrs of service, can you buy the medal and wear it ?
  2. If this isn't a wind up (note - not a 'wah') then you need to give yourself a shake and a stiff talking to for being a fuckwit.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yes.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Yes you can but only on the queens birthday.
  5. Of course you can. That's how it works for all medals.
  6. Wah shield up, Surely if you are a serving soldier you can't just buy and wear a medal that you are not entitled to and have not been issued! And even if you can why would you want to? ******* Walts! Shield down.
  7. ^ I call "Wah Shield Wah".
  8. Ive lost count of how many birds ive rattled off the back of my VC.
  9. Yeah, I've had a few in the back of my Corsa too.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I heard its ok but only if you wear two medals?
  11. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - you actually think that you can just 'buy' a gong that you have not earned?! oh my ******* word! who are these people? ;-)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

You sir are Emporer Mong and I claim my £5.
  13. Gen? If so I'm reet pissed off. I was conceived in 1971 but not born until early 1972. Can I apply for a dispensation to allow me to collect my Gongs?
  14. Vauxhall Corsa? Cheap! lol!