Queens Crown/Kings Crown badges question

When I was serving, I heard some Norman the Storeman types talking about there being a location where there is a stock of Kings Crown cap badges ready to issue to the Armed Forces, in the event of HMQ dying and a King succeeding her.

Just curious, but might there be any truth in this?

While it would work for the RN, RAF and most of the corps, I doubt it, as with the number of regimental amalgamations that have occurred during QE2's reign, the old ones would be turning up at collector's fairs with monotonous regularity. Now, where's that Spitfire tailwheel I saw lying around the warehouse?

Doubt it, they'll get made and slowly issued out k we time with many old guard refusing to get the new 'Crow' capbadge as 'it was harder and we used a better Rifle when HM the Queen was Monarch'

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Especially for those that use ERII in any of their regimental accoutrements as we don't yet know the Reginal name Charlie will use.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
When I joined in 1955 all sorts of kit still had King's crowns on the buttons of which the naval tailors probably had sacks left to get through.

It's not actually certain that we should revert to 'King's (Imperial) crowns when HMQ dies, it's rather up to the MoD.

Doubt it, they'll get made and slowly issued out k we time with many old guard refusing to get the new 'Crow' capbadge as 'it was harder and we used a better Rifle when HM the Queen was Monarch'

One of the old and bold sapper Officers in the late 60s was still trotting out a G6 cap badge on his service dress hat. Certain more obscure headdresses you could certainly get away with - some Scot Div officer from my time in the 70s had Victoria's crown on, from memory mainly KOSB types!

When I was serving, I heard some Norman the Storeman types talking about there being a location where there is a stock of Kings Crown cap badges ready to issue to the Armed Forces, in the event of HMQ dying and a King succeeding her.

Undoubtedly, it will be one of the measures as part of Operation London Bridge.

Especially for those that use ERII in any of their regimental accoutrements as we don't yet know the Reginal name Charlie will use.
Or if indeed it skips quickly on?

Those on parade get the badge, the rest can join the Q.
The badge wouldn’t change until the King’s coronation. There would be time to make the necessary arrangements.

One of the old and bold sapper Officers in the late 60s was still trotting out a G6 cap badge on his service dress hat.
Plenty of blokes born in the 60s and 70s wore the GVI badge much more recently than that just for the allyness of having a brass badge that could be made shinier than Staybrite.

Probably at the same place where there's enough stocks of that rifle to equip the whole nation in the event of expansionist Ideas by the Isle of Wight.

I had a brass king's crown cap badge but I got told "Remove it quick sharp or I'll ram this pace stick up your arse and march you to the guardroom like a fukkin lollipop!!!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'll bet you a gazillion quid it'll be "George."

I almost hope he goes bold and does Charles III. Would be tempting fate though with the number of expected referenda about keeping the Monarch as head of state around the Commonwealth.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm going to have to show my ignorance - what's a kings/queens badge?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wheelchairwarrier The NAAFI Bar 82
robinrocket111 Medals 106
SUNRAY_MINOR Weapons, Equipment & Rations 20