Queens Birthday - warning order

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldRedCap, Mar 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Situation
    1 Insufficient tps to mount regular Queen's Birthday Parade (QBD) in current format
    2 Inability of MOD to plan and organise even most modest pish-up in a brewery to replace QBD.
    Addressees to fwd alternative ceremony with full details re location, date, tps involved, transport and security.
    Post here

In this board as this is, at the moment, merely chat, gossip and news but may require uplift to Trg Board.

Edited to add: possible redundant format this notice attributed to poster having been in permanent vegetative state since 1974.

Further edited to add: Suggestions involving soap box on whels and the horse from Fullers Brewery will NOT be entertained.
  2. Won't Sodexho do it? Or is it not in their contract?
  3. Maybe a 'parade' of Bliar's enobled cronies in full robes, followed by a walk-past of 'Lady' Frog Gob's style (sic) advisors and financial gurus.

I suggest that the public be provided, free of charge, with a large selection of rotten and rotting vegetables in case any of the creatures on parade fail to meet with their approval.

I further suggest that the Metropolitan Police be given the day off as no trouble could possibly be generated by such a parade.

PS: Perhaps HM The Queen would be glad of a day off especially if there is some decent racing on.
  4. That must be within Sodexho's contract.
  5. I'm always up for a parade.
    Now where are my xxxl No 1's
  6. Me too as long as there's a FREE p!ss up and the dress code is high length maroon Dr Martins, turned up Levi's, Ben Sherman shirt, red braces and No1 haircut.

BT. :thumright:
  7. I am looking forward to the Gentlemen Bodyguard of the Isle of Man trooping the pocket handkerchief, all three of them and their wives!
  8. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Surely it's time for the Legion of Frontiersmen to step up to the plate?

(Thank the lord my fellow arrsers recognise irony when they see it, yes it is just like silvery and goldy, oh my coat thank you)
  9. Gives Mr_fingerz a steely glare as he leaves ...

...my cab's just arrived?
    ...well, I'll be going.
  10. Bad news. The handkerchief can't make it.
  11. I volunteer as right marker ------- in fact no I don't I'm too old.

How about asking the Chelsea Pensioners, they love a bit of ceremonial.
  12. I'm more a permanent marker nowadays.
  13. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

You mean that you're a teacher? Ah my taxi...
  14. I'm always willing to pass on all my knowledge.

If anybody has a few seconds to spare.
  15. xxxL? You lost some weight then mate??