Queens Birthday Honours

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by A2_Matelot, Jun 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Well done PATrick Carley! Never guessed that was your real name :D

And of course to WO2 Neil Mitchell and Capt Zoe White!

2. A trip to the Palace.

I'd rather be sipping cocktails round Michael Barrymore's pool ;-)

Good also to see the Duke of Westminster getting medalled. Must have been a while since his last one....

3. Hey A2 Matelot, you're on your way to Buck House as well then?

4. A2_Matelot

Yes, very chuffed and honoured.

Sounds chad, but I'm very aware I didn't do all the work myself - a lot of IS Engineers and TG4 people contributed insane amounts of effort to this.

5. which are you matelot?

6. Well, I reckon that seeing that there is one R Signals name that he hasn't congratulated......

7. Forgive me I was being a little slow. Well done old chap.

8. A2_Matelot

Captain Jennings - Not I!

My apologies to the Capt, I didn't scroll down that far :oops:

9. Congratulations to all who picked up awards. Hope you all enjoy your day at Buck House.
    Great shame these honours are, once again, being demeaned by the likes of Des O'Connor and Paul O'Grady. I know your ones will be the military division and have a nice pearl stripe down the middle but all the honours are lumped together in the minds of the great unwashed.
    I reckon it's time to split these awards and create a new Order.
    My suggestion would be the OBS which could be Order of the British Stage or Order of British Sport. Then those luvvie thespians could walk round as a Knight of the British Stage or those English sports players could be created a Commander of British Sport.
    That way it would differentiate between those who have given loyal service to the Crown to those who simply make a fortune out of kicking a ball around.
    Come on, Ma'am, it's been a long time since a monarch created a new order and you've been sitting on your throne long enough to warrant this.
    Again, well done to all those with Many Buggers Efforts, Other Buggers Efforts etc.

10. Nah, A2 Matelot ain't R SIGNALS, he's a J6 type from another service.

11. Yeah - look at some of those so-called entertainers who get it. Jude bloody Sarpong last year. I do get annoyed when some sports players get these MBEs and OBEs in their early 20s, just because they're quite good at it, rather than actually serving their country in any form of altruistic way. Compare that to our military candidates who, on the whole, have to go way beyond the call of duty. Or are awesome bluffers. :D

12. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Is WO2 Mitchell the "Mitch" who lives in Harrogate :?

13. No, different bloke.

14. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Thanks mate