Queens Birthday Honours

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by PoisonDwarf, Jun 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A couple of well-known faces from the Corps have been recognised in the Queens Birthday Awards.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/%40dg/%40en/documents/digitalasset/dg_188430.pdf

OBE - Lt Col Barry Spiers
    MBE - Lt Col Steve Clarke GM QGM*
    MBE - Maj Barry Skinner (TA)

Congratulations to all three and good to see the most highly decorated soldier in the Corps get another medal - that's an impressive rack (as the vicar said to the actress). Court mounting fees must be outrageous. :lol:

2. Congrats to all 3, but in particular to big bad Barry.

My boss on two (lucky?) occasions :wink:

3. Cow

Cow LE

Would that be the former OC of Sp Sqn 2 Sigs?

4. That's the one - what a star. Many congratulations to him.

Don

5. Cow

Cow LE

The blokes a nutter, trying to do (or did) a CFT with a broken leg. Congratulations to him. As earlier said, I'd hate to pay for his court mounting!

6. Doesn't Steve Clarke have GM* QGM* ?

Thought he had a bar for both?

7. Gee whiz. The Barry Spiers who got the gong, he wouldn't be LE, would he?

8. How in the name of the Purple Velvet Tapdancing Elvis did the man I remember as a frothing sociopath at 14 in the 80s make it to half colonel? Well done, though, Barry. You were a nutter and a nasty one, but anything but dumb and undeniably effective.

9. Well done to all three, but especially warm congratulations to the two crusty LE Lt Cols!

10. Met Steve a while back as a guest at my wedding; thoroughly nice bloke and undoubtedly very deserving of the award.

My congratulations Sir.

11. Any info on Lt Col Clarkes bravery awards and how they were earned?

12. No, use your imagination, it's more fun! You know the sort of thing - underwater knife-fighting, Henno Garvey's stunt double, taking a bullet for the President. He might have been the 2nd, 3rd and 5th men on the balcony.

Seriously - it's a well-kept secret. You will hear a lot of rumour but they will rarely be accurate.

13. Warmest and most sincere congratulations to Barry Spiers and Stevie Clarke on their awards; always nice to see service rewarded appropriately.

14. The Gazette only has a bar to his QGM, no GM bar that I can find.

15. Well done to Colonel Barry Spiers on his OBE. I remember the good days in Herford when he was RSM and I was on the LSL. His son chose the correct Corps to enlist into though! UBIQUE. Is Goethe Strasse still the most sought after location in Herford?