ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Queen's Birthday Honours 2017

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by Chimp, Jun 17, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 4
  1. Thanks for the heads-up. Time for my annual visit to the eBay medals section... :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. A local man now has an OAM (Order of Australia Medal). He is a Vietnam veteran and was awarded it for services to veterans and their families in my hometown.

• Like Like x 1
  3. This must be the wrong list
    @Chimp as my name seems to have been omitted as well.

I'll get on to them.

MB (not MBE)

• Like Like x 2
  4. I've always felt that the Sally Army was always overlooked in the medal dept. I remember well the abuse suffered at the hands of lager louts as we traipsed from smoke filled pub to smoke filled pub on a saturday night, delivering that much loved publication The War Cry.Asking for a small donation seemed to incense the buggers even more ,often driving some of our less battle hardened volunteers to tears. So a little more recognition if you please:cry:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Never diss the Sally Army. Some of those fearsome ladies in the bonnets are nails, look like they know God personally and will have a word in his shell like about you if you don't buy a War Cry. Besides which one of my grandmothers was in the Sally Army and I know all about the good work they do.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 5