Queen to visit Republic of Ireland

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
She is going over to reclaim Eire for the Crown, seeing as we own your ass now with the latest bail out.

B

Boozy

Ah well at least we know she's coming in may if we feel like going down to see her... in NI we don't know she's been til she's gone!

I hope the security is ultra tight.... given the Irish propensity to shoot themselves in the foot [metaphorically]
As it's Dublin it'll be the [metaphorical] left one then.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
The colours of the old Southern Irish battalions handed to King George the 5th at Windsor (Him moved to tears) on their disbandment In 1922 could well be handed back at this time to be properly hung in Dublin Cathedral. Read Sabretache Irish colours handed to king? for full story.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
We should start a new thread for Phil. Terms that he shouldn't use (but he will) Paddies, Bog wogs, 'You beat the English at cricket, well done. We Greeks of course don't play the game'

Mrs Windsor is more then welcome to stop by....I do hope Gerry is on the welcoming glad hand parade. The look on his face would be priceless.

Surely its the perfect place for the Duke's last hurrah, what better way to go out than giving a twat like Adams a good stabbing with your ceremonial piece. The man's almost 90 they wouldn't even bother putting him on trial. Or failing that just a good headbutt will do sir.

Lads, great to see HRH and himself popping over to Ireland! Great news! Can not wait to hear/find out what Phil will have to say! Where is the HRH staying overnight BTW? Farmleigh? Emmmm... have heard the state room has pic's of Micheal Collins and Dev.

What will Liz think?!

ps: feck being on security for that gig!

lads, ye have your work cut out for ye!

hope she visits kilarney and the national stud in a chopper! wish she could live her wist to enjoy a day at an irish race meet... not likelt to happen sadly.

ps: proper

We should start a new thread for Phil. Terms that he shouldn't use (but he will) Paddies, Bog wogs, 'You beat the English at cricket, well done. We Greeks of course don't play the game'[/

You do in Corfu

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Mrs Windsor is more then welcome to stop by....I do hope Gerry is on the welcoming glad hand parade. The look on his face would be priceless.
Even better if she just ignored him or better yet - stuck a pair of cuffs on him and nicked him for crimes against the Crown!!! :)

The colours of the old Southern Irish battalions handed to King George the 5th at Windsor (Him moved to tears) on their disbandment In 1922 could well be handed back at this time to be properly hung in Dublin Cathedral. Read Sabretache Irish colours handed to king? for full story.
Why the bejeebas would you hang them in a foreign country....? They are British colours.....

She is going over to reclaim Eire for the Crown, seeing as we own your ass now with the latest bail out.
I heard she was buying it back as a training area, as it's going so cheap....

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Why the bejeebas would you hang them in a foreign country....? They are British colours.....
Welsh colours hang in Wales and Scottish colours in Scotland. Ulster Colours hang in Ulster and English colours in England.

Colours of the 10th and 16th Irish Divs should hang in Dublin. That is just my view, it dosn't have to be yours; however the dead of those two Irish Divs have relatives in the South. The colours should be seen, they certainly don't belong in Windsor, stored perhaps in some cupboard.

Why would British army colours hang in a foreign country that is neither part of the U.K. or the Commonwealth?
If you want British Army colours to hang in Dublin try rejoining the U.K. or the Commonwealth.