Queen may be scrapped from UK passports

References to the Queen could be taken out of British passports in a bid to make them more European, it has emerged.

The royal coat of arms may be removed from the UK passport

The new documents, which could be in place as early as 2010, would bear reference to the EU constitution in order to remind UK citizens that they are part of Europe.

The first page of the British passport has historically featured the royal coat of arms with a message from the Queen beginning: “Her Britannic Majesty’s Secretary of State”.

The words go on to outline that the citizen has a right to travel freely and has the right to protection and assistance.

Under new changes, however, it has been suggested that the coat of arms are scrapped and replaced by the EU emblem of 12 stars with the message underneath reading: “Every citizen of the Union.”
in full

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/09/nqueen109.xml

The torrent of scum walking free due to percieved 'infringements of their Human Rights' is enough to remind me of our membership of the EU, thank you.

This move would certainly bring the passport into line with the culture in place at our national airports, which to any incoming traveller resemble nothing less than Middle Eastern/Asian hubs. Maybe the Customs, Immigration and other agencies operating these places can't find any native English people to man them; have they all emigrated?

A diabolical idea. An utter disgrace. This doesn't just cross the line, it's well out of sight!

If this is what EU ministers come up with then they clearly have too much time on their hands.

Do these people deliberately try to cause unrest? What could removing a symbol of our great nation from a passport possibly achieve?

skintboymike said:
Do these people deliberately try to cause unrest? What could removing a symbol of our great nation from a passport possibly achieve?
i think they do and i would hope that this is just a over promoted cleark somewhere spouting nonsense.

Fcuk the EU, bunch of money grabbing tosspots, Keep the Coat of Arms, I am British and Scottish first and foremost, not European. We fought against those mainland Europeans enough over the past Hundred Years

look at the euros still haave state insignia.

Ive just had a look at my passport and she's not in mine anyway, all its got is a hansome looking bloke in the back.

Sorry thats a photo of me :D my mistake.

"Her Britannic Majesty's Secretary of State requests and requires": so really it's talking about that pot-head Jacqui Smith, not Aunty Betty. That hardly carries the weight of Civis romanus sum. On the other hand, it's slightly more comforting than having the power and influence of the EU Commissioner from Luxembourg backing me up.

Yawn. It just sounds as if they will add a notice saying that you can go to another EU country's embassy for assistance if your country is unrepresented.

Most Commonwealth passports similarly state that where the country's government is unrepresented, the passport-holder should seek assistance from the local British consul.

The_IRON said:
Ive just had a look at my passport and she's not in mine anyway, all its got is a hansome looking bloke in the back.

Sorry thats a photo of me :D my mistake.
glad you clarified that I thought you must have been looking my passport for a minute then!! :-D