Queen honours The Smeaton Smackdown Hero

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biped, Dec 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Our Gracious Queen has seen fit to honour Mr 'SmeeAATTTOOONNN SMAAACCKDOWN' of Glesga Airport Fame!

Well done that man!

2. I'm shocked at my own cynicism. My first three thoughts on hearing this were:

1. Fuck me, how much did he donate?

2. What's the betting Gordy is right in there, smarming like a good 'un for the cameras. Smeato's a Labour man, after all.

And only finally:

3. Well done, that man.
  3. Gave the proceeds of the whip-round to the RBL and others by all accounts. So a couple of grand. :wink:

Good for him. 8)
  4. It was also reported on the Beeb this morning that he intends to donate the gong to Glagow airport as he was not the only one to tackle the bombers and the medal should be for every one. This chap seems to be managing to avoid getting to carried away by the celebrity bit.
  5. Heard him on the radio this morning. He said his actions were instinctive, because if he had thought about it - he would have legged it in the opposite direction !! He seems like a genuine guy.
  6. He has just been on BBC news 24. Sounds like a fairly good bloke. Good on him.

7. donate or dedicate?

either way well done that man, saw him take a bow at Ibrox in front of 50,000 union flag waving, HMQ loving, airport passenGERS, the boy seems very humble with feet firmly on the ground
  8. Top man, fully deserved
  9. Good man. I have to say that that's been the one part of all this that has made me feel uneasy, that the media and Brown seem to have lionised Smeaton while ignoring the others who assisted in the arrests.
  10. On last night's tv Frankie Boyle had a polite and humourous back hander at John.

"What sort of message dis JS send out to the world? Glasgow welcomes carefull drivers? " or

"How dare Al Queda bring their religious war to Glasgow. Don't they know we're 400 years ahead of them? And they don't even have a fecking football team yet!"
  11. Apparently he has no pubes - hair doesn't grow on steel balls

And my hat please....
  12. John Smeaton knows its not butter
  13. I heard John Smeaton once shot down a German fighter plane with his finger, by yelling, "Bang!"

:D :D :D
  14. Smeato for Euro President!