Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Queen hands over Cenotaph duties

I had fun reading some of the Daily Wail comments on this news item.

But I saw some footage the other day of HM - and she was looking rather frail, understandably at 91!

image.jpg
This has wheels and a basket for the wreath. One could also add a bottle of whisky, just to keep out the chill.

Sorry off topic.

As usual Zero Alpha and I walked the long route to Sainsbury (about 3 miles round instead of about 1½ miles round on the direct).

Halfway up the hill we caught up with a little old lady. "I've walked from home near the golf course (a couple of miles). I'm nearly 90 years old. Going to the library (best part of another mile). Got a bit of sciatica and I'm walking it off. I'll probably get the taxi back."

Respect to her. I hope she gets her telegram. Most of the middle aged around here are on fúcking mobility scooters. The rest of the people we see walk dogs.

I was at Warwick auctions yesterday when a hardly used motability scooter went for 50 Quid! surely a ramp wouldnt cost that much either. Maybe some gold tassels and a bit of bling and a royal crest on the side perhaps? There are plenty of folks on scooters attending every year anyway?