Queen Elizabeth to make first visit to Irish Republic

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by flamingo, Mar 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Should make for an interesting security operation! Personally, I hope it passes off trouble-free.

2. I'm all for it myself and bolloughs to the "Unionist"/"Loyalist" small-minds that will get a c0ckstand about it. Did I mention that the last Uachtarán is a cousin of TFB (she was a Bourke)? No? That's unusual I usually like to work it into any Ireland related conversation early doors.
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It's about time she went across and reclaimed our territory. 8)
  4. The first time a British monach has set foot in the Irish Republic, since King Wiliam had a disagreement on the Boyne
  5. Er ... not quite. Anyway, as the OP says, it should present a nice little challenge for the security boys. Wonder if she'll visit Dundalk? I'm sure they'd give her a warm auld Irish reception there. 8O
  6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've been recently. Dublin reminded me of a rundown Bradford on a wet afternoon with slightly less Asians and slightly more East Europeans.

Lets hope Phil the Greek is on form.

Perhaps it would be a good occasion for the Republic to grow up and join the Commonwealth.
  7. Tell her to keep an eye open for the mag i dropped on Upper Irish street, Armagh in the late 80's.
  8. No, Queen Victoria visited in 1901 I think, just after the Boer War and I'm pretty sure she visited earlier, in the 1860's IIRC.
  9. I did not know that but was just taking the P
  10. Well go again when it's not raining, it looks F**k all like Bradford, Asians and East Europeans notwithstanding.
  11. Yes, Bradford has many fine buildings.
  12. BuggerAll

Maybe I'm thinking of Leeds.
  13. She'll probably go over when Ratzi the Nazi is in the UK. That way she'll not have to defend the faith and cause an incident, 'cos nowhere in Ireland really cares about that sort of thing.
  14. Does the Queen have any Minor Irish Titles that she should use while she is there ?
  15. BuggerAll