Quarters

Why oh why do officers still have their own quater areas and us WO's and seniors are still expected to live next door to the very person that I have to AGAI on a weekly basis!?

It just baffles me to think that a Capt (of 4/5 years service) gets better accomadation for their family and here I am after 16 years service still expecting my family to live next door to Mr and Mrs Stig of the fcukin dump!

Obviously I could go round and beat him until his missus loses weight but that would take such a long time and quite frankly I can't be bothered wasting my time!

I'm not that far up my own ARRSE to expect gold plated service but living in a street quickly filling up with Gypo's is annoying to say the least. 8O

Bring back WO and Seniors patches....Anyone agree or am I being a stuck up tosser?

Not getting on with the neighbours then?

Totally agree, my neigbours wre complete to**ers glad i now live in my own house, totally agree bring back the seniors patches

RG

It's not any better here in Crab Land! I worked for many years to get to be a Senior, get better accommodation and a better standard of living. Now I live on a very sh1tty council estate with dumped cars, grass that is just never cut and litter everywhere.

I've tried to sort things out but SAC Tosspot and his ugly wife just don't care.

I'm on your side entirely....WTF can't we have an SNCO/WO patch?

Fones_4_Me said:
Why oh why do officers still have their own quater areas and us WO's and seniors are still expected to live next door to the very person that I have to AGAI on a weekly basis!?

It just baffles me to think that a Capt (of 4/5 years service) gets better accomadation for their family and here I am after 16 years service still expecting my family to live next door to Mr and Mrs Stig of the fcukin dump!

Obviously I could go round and beat him until his missus loses weight but that would take such a long time and quite frankly I can't be bothered wasting my time!

I'm not that far up my own ARRSE to expect gold plated service but living in a street quickly filling up with Gypo's is annoying to say the least. 8O

Bring back WO and Seniors patches....Anyone agree or am I being a stuck up tosser?
Speak to the Welfare Officer if you have a genuine grievence, and get them or you moved.

If that doesn't work just firebomb the chav fcukers house :evil:

heidtheba said:
Fones_4_Me said:

Speak to the Welfare Officer if you have a genuine grievence, and get them or you moved.

lolol... While I have often considered the firbomb approach, my greivance is not really with the the scruffy shats next door. My greivance is that I would consider all WO's/Seniors deserve (and have worked for) a better standard of living for their families who have done their fair share of time in pikesville! I mean come on RHIP and all that... What have the Juniors got to want to better theirselves for nowadays?

While I do consider all forces accomodation should be improved the main point still remains, how are families supposed to live in peace and harmony (WTF kind of quote is that?) when Mr fcukin "WO" next door keeps giving my partner crap jobs for turning up late! :p

Fones_4_Me said:
heidtheba said:
Fones_4_Me said:

lolol... While I have often considered the firbomb approach, my greivance is not really with the the scruffy shats next door. My greivance is that I would consider all WO's/Seniors deserve (and have worked for) a better standard of living for their families who have done their fair share of time in pikesville! I mean come on RHIP and all that... What have the Juniors got to want to better theirselves for nowadays?[/quote]

I agree to an extend, but with defence housing, what do you expect? :x

heidtheba said:
Fones_4_Me said:
heidtheba said:
Fones_4_Me said:

lolol... While I have often considered the firbomb approach, my greivance is not really with the the scruffy shats next door. My greivance is that I would consider all WO's/Seniors deserve (and have worked for) a better standard of living for their families who have done their fair share of time in pikesville! I mean come on RHIP and all that... What have the Juniors got to want to better theirselves for nowadays?[/quote]

I agree to an extend, but with defence housing, what do you expect? :x
You got in before I added the last paragraph.... see above :wink:

The officers patches are managed by Defence Estates/MHS etc and their equivilents in Germany/Abroad but they are entitled to a certain standard of housing dependent on rank. Or am i wrong??

boney_m said:
The officers patches are managed by Defence Estates/MHS etc and their equivilents in Germany/Abroad but they are entitled to a certain standard of housing dependent on rank. Or am i wrong??[/quote]

No, boney_m, you are correct, however, certain garrisons/camps ie: Elmpt have seperate WO's patches.

IIRC all Officers Quarters have a study.

At my last posting one of my JNCOs was housed in an officers qtr, because he had 4 kids and nothing else was available.

I have the same problem...

I don't get hung about it too much, but I live in a street with 5 other semi detached houses...

I am the only English person in that row and the other 5 quarters and host to 3 Caribbean families, 1 Fijian and 1 St. Lucian. 3 of those families husbands are in my troop.

Now, without stepping over the 'racist' line, I have no problem with any of them, however, as a Staffy, surely my housing should be apart from those that work for me? I have other junior members of my troop that have stunning brand new houses within another quarter area. Surely this new quarter area should have been adopted as a SNCO/Warrant patch?

I really do give up with housing allocations in the Army these days.

The one i'm currently struggling with is this little beauty, straight from the TSAR's

RAF Warrant Officers are entitled by rank to
occupy a Type D ORSFA (regardless of their family
size).

WOs I (Army) with smaller
and/or younger families SHOULD be allocated a Type
D, where available.
Guess what? None available where i'm going! I miss the entitlement on family size, as my third youngest is under 10 yrs old as i am posted? (All 3 have to be over 10 according to the Death Regs)

Someone please tell me why a crab is entitled by right, but i have to be thrown a bone off the table?

Sounds to me that some one has forgot there roots ! Were all from the same streets as the lads back home.
Its not the wifes fault if there husbands are only JNCO s , does that mean that there kids should live in diffrent class of house ???
And what about a W/O whos wife is younger or has no kids and all the other seniors wifes on the estate are older or have several kids Etc.
But good luck to the" house lotterry " !!

guards1231 said:
Sounds to me that some one has forgot there roots ! Were all from the same streets as the lads back home.
Its not the wifes fault if there husbands are only JNCO s , does that mean that there kids should live in different class of house ???
And what about a W/O whos wife is younger or has no kids and all the other seniors wifes on the estate are older or have several kids Etc.
But good luck to the" house lotterry " !!
Mate I can assure you, I have not forgot my "roots", and because I have not forgotten my roots I would suggest this might just qualify me to state that when I was a young tom I would have been gutted if my next door neighbour was my Staffy or my SSM!

Lets turn it around for a moment and try another post.....

" Why the fcuk can't seniors have there (or should it be their :p ) own patches like they used to? I am sick and fcukin tired of having to try and keep my noise down and live like a grown up. My wife and I are 22 years of age FFS, whats wrong with having all the lads round every weekend until 4am?. Whats even more annoying is the fact that the twa@t next door has AGAI'd me twice in the past two weeks, and I am expected to go home and be civil with the fcuker!. But hey it does have its upsides sometimes cos my wife gets to find out what happens in the mess from some of the young seniors wives. I tell you what fcuk ever being in the mess because they have to sit through boring meals and pay loads of money for it. lol... They never speak about the perks of the mess because that's a good thing and people very rarely mention good things these days. Another plus point is that because I live close to my Sgt my wife and his wife have become real good mates, which makes it difficult for him to discipline me in any way. Top banana"

Now obviously this is just a scenario that we could face, but I am pretty sure it wouldn't ever happen!

As for the standard of accommodation, I never said that we should get better accommodation, I just merely stated that we should be separate. But when you consider that in my current mess we have some Senior ranks living in 2 man rooms and they have the added bonus of looking out of their window to see the young guns living in their "Top Notch" PUMA'd single man en suite rooms, it may well appear that boot is firmly on the other foot. But that's an entirely different thread I'm sure.

Fones_4_Me said:
I would suggest this might just qualify me to state that when I was a young tom I would have been gutted if my next door neighbour was my Staffy or my SSM!
Think you're quite right there. I dont think it should be about standard, but there should be different patches.

I have arguements for both side on this.

When I was a full screw in Germany and my wife (who did not drive) had integrated well in the local town that we lived in. After extending my family (3rd child) I required a 3 bed quarter and asked if I could remain in that town because my wife knew where everything was, and could be 99% self sufficient when I was on tour.
The answer I was give that the only 3 bed quarters were SNCO only, and we would have to move to a top floor flat in a completely different area where all amenities required transport, my oldest son would have to change schools for 4 months before going back to the school he was in, because he come into a different catchment area.
To top it all SNCOs no children living in the 3 bed quarters, and other full screws that moved in before they decided they were for SNCOs only.

We were better off staying in a 2 bed flat (ground floor) until posting. Fortunately a quarter on an all German estate became available that no one else would accept, I ripped their arms off.

That is not a reason not to have SNCO patches but because of the divide we were told 'fcuking deal with it'

The other side of the argument though...

I work hard when I am at work so that I don't have to take work home with me, the last thing that I want is Joe Private knocking on my door in the dead of night or over the fence at the weekend telling me some random detail about why he will be late in the morning, can he have a lift?, how to further his career faster blah blah triv.

If I have a BBQ and invite my friends and neighbours on a SNCO patch whatever happens will generally stay within the confines of me and my friends and neighbours. Would this still be true on a mixed patch?

No matter who you are there must be some people that you look at and think 'Thank fcuk I don't live next to them' on a mixed patch getting promoted/posted might mean you will next time.

Airfix said:
Could be worse, I was an officer's pad brat in JHQ and had fcuking teachers on my street!
We would never have guessed :roll: