Quarters in lisburn

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by melbobson, May 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi if this is in the wrong place feel free to moan at me i havent been on for ages!
    Im due to move with my family to lisburn in july and have no idea what sort of housing we will be moving to or where to put in for, i have 3 kids and expecting the last baby in july, 2 of my kids are school age so need to be close to schools, what sort of housing am i likely to be allocated ie house flat bungalow etc! Is there anything i need to know before i get there. Were moving from germany!

Thanks in advance for any help

2. Hi,

been a while sinse i left Lisburn, but..... Some quarters on camp, (Thiepval Barracks), mainly small 2/3 beroom houses and some flats, not many if remember. Off camp has some nice houses, mistly integrated in civvi estates, again i think from 2 - 4 bedrooms and just nice houses, nothing too special , and certainly not as big as German Q's!
    din't have one meself, lived in Mess on camp, but loads of the guys did and seemed happy enough. Lisburns a great posting, hope you enjoy it.
  3. Lisburn? I'd advise you to live somewhere more like Moira, where you can at least get SOME respect.
  4. Lisburn is certainly not as busy as it used to be, might change with the gooners moving in but doubt it.
    If you're in a job that allows you to see some of our wee country you're laughing.
    You own your own house McClurg??

and get that capbadge changed.
  5. I don't own my own house, I'm no fool! & I would, but I just don't have the stamina