Quarters in Catterick, what are they like?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by dazzaman70, Jan 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone have pics of what the houses in catterick look like inside and out? i think we are being housed in the Allenby Estate or Belton phase 2.

Cheers, DrW
  2. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

this links to the MQ piccies page on the Catterick Garrison website.
  3. ...make it www2. as that's the NEW site link..(just slip the 2 in after the last 'w') :D
  4. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Im gonna bump this thread, the link doesnt work anymore. So any pics or links to the 2 previously mentioned estates and also Belton park phase 1 would be much appreciated.

5. Catterick - twinned with Lashkar Gar.
  6. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I really didnt need to hear that !!!
  7. I don't think the area is that bad at all, though cannot comment on the houses as I am a singly. The houses near the old swimming pool and Tesco's look very nice though!
  8. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Dont suppose you know what estate that is do you ?
  9. I don't. If you can point out the place where the estates are on Google maps I can have a look, or I might have passed them and not known it.
  10. Sorry mate I couldnt resist it!

The quarters in Catterick range from the sublime to the downright ridiculous. Belton Park has a good selection of 1970's (early 80's?) housing and from what I have seen are reasonable.

Allenby looks and feels like a Barratt/Persimmon type estate. Most of the houses have attached garages and the quality of decor is quite high. However, this as usual will be reflected in the amount you pay, which can be quite steep according to a couple of the lads here.

I put in for both Allenby and Belton Park before I even got here. I got a 1937 end terrace. Hmm. Nice!

Apart from that Catterick isn't really akin to Lashkar Gar............more like Sarajevo. :D
  11. Allenby is a brand new build....very nice with the high rental charges
  12. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Cheers for all the help so far, i have put in for both estates so with any luck...... !!!!
  13. Not wanting to hijack the thread but I'm reliably told that at £120 a month when the SLAM building work is complete (It's currently just over £65 a month), single accommodation charges are more expensive than for any married quarters in Catterick. This can't be true surely??
  14. The ones near Tescos are now civvie houses

They have got to be 10 years old so they aint exactly brand new
  15. The quarters you are referring to are the downgraded ones which are about £70 a month, (deservedly so :x ). You are probably looking at £250 a month plus for those on Allenby. So your SLAM is just about in the middle.