Quarters in Catterick, what are they like?

does anyone have pics of what the houses in catterick look like inside and out? i think we are being housed in the Allenby Estate or Belton phase 2.

Cheers, DrW

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
this links to the MQ piccies page on the Catterick Garrison website.

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
Im gonna bump this thread, the link doesnt work anymore. So any pics or links to the 2 previously mentioned estates and also Belton park phase 1 would be much appreciated.

cheers

daywalker

I don't think the area is that bad at all, though cannot comment on the houses as I am a singly. The houses near the old swimming pool and Tesco's look very nice though!

daywalker said:
Dont suppose you know what estate that is do you ?
I don't. If you can point out the place where the estates are on Google maps I can have a look, or I might have passed them and not known it.

daywalker said:
DigitalGeek said:
Catterick - twinned with Lashkar Gar.
I really didnt need to hear that !!!
Sorry mate I couldnt resist it!

The quarters in Catterick range from the sublime to the downright ridiculous. Belton Park has a good selection of 1970's (early 80's?) housing and from what I have seen are reasonable.

Allenby looks and feels like a Barratt/Persimmon type estate. Most of the houses have attached garages and the quality of decor is quite high. However, this as usual will be reflected in the amount you pay, which can be quite steep according to a couple of the lads here.

I put in for both Allenby and Belton Park before I even got here. I got a 1937 end terrace. Hmm. Nice!

Apart from that Catterick isn't really akin to Lashkar Gar............more like Sarajevo. :D

Not wanting to hijack the thread but I'm reliably told that at £120 a month when the SLAM building work is complete (It's currently just over £65 a month), single accommodation charges are more expensive than for any married quarters in Catterick. This can't be true surely??

soldier.a said:
I don't think the area is that bad at all, though cannot comment on the houses as I am a singly. The houses near the old swimming pool and Tesco's look very nice though!
The ones near Tescos are now civvie houses

Synergy said:
Allenby is a brand new build....very nice with the high rental charges
They have got to be 10 years old so they aint exactly brand new

soldier.a said:
Not wanting to hijack the thread but I'm reliably told that at £120 a month when the SLAM building work is complete (It's currently just over £65 a month), single accommodation charges are more expensive than for any married quarters in Catterick. This can't be true surely??
The quarters you are referring to are the downgraded ones which are about £70 a month, (deservedly so :x ). You are probably looking at £250 a month plus for those on Allenby. So your SLAM is just about in the middle.

The Alenby estate is very good...ie ....new houses. The belton park estate is also very good (built in 1995). Belton park 3 bedroon with garage costs me £312 p/m incl council tax. Belton park is a great area with modern houses and very child safe with easy access to tesco etc. PM me if you want more info.

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
poes said:
The Alenby estate is very good...ie ....new houses. The belton park estate is also very good (built in 1995). Belton park 3 bedroon with garage costs me £312 p/m incl council tax. Belton park is a great area with modern houses and very child safe with easy access to tesco etc. PM me if you want more info.
many thanks, PM sent.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
A) Catterick is not called Catterick any more. It's called something else. I dont know what it's called because it is in the South so I dont give a toss.
B) Whatever Catterick is called nowadays, how come it has more ladies hairdressers than any other shithole in Southern England.

Because it does. Catterick is to Ladies Hairdressers what cake is to fat kids.

A) Catterick is not called Catterick any more. It's called something else. I dont know what it's called because it is in the South so I dont give a toss.
B) Whatever Catterick is called nowadays, how come it has more ladies hairdressers than any other shithole in Southern England.

Because it does. Catterick is to Ladies Hairdressers what cake is to fat kids.
It's still called Catterick you big silly!

They've got a brand new library and leisure centre now as well, just opposite Tescos, but Tescos is closed this week because they are moving stuff around in there and making the toilets nicer to use. Apparently.