Quarter charges continuing after march out

Afternoon everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can provide me some advice/guidance on what i should do next or who i should contact next to resolve the quarter charge problem i am currently having with Carillionamey.

A bit of background.....

I marched out of my married quarter on 23 Dec 14 after purchasing my own house, as it had gone past the December pay run i knew i would be charged for the quarter for the rest of December and had no problem with this i knew i should get this as a refund in January 2015 pay.

I returned to work after the Christmas break and contacted my admin office to update my residence for GYH pay and to also check that the civilian company Carrilionamey (who now deal with SFA allocations, march out and charges etc) had stopped my quarter charges. I was informed that my charges had not been stopped and to give them a few days after the holidays in case it had been delayed.

I decdied to contact Carillionamey and investigate what was going on and was amazed when they said i had to email their admin department and request my charges were stopped after my march out. Surely the fact i had marched out of the property, handed in all keys and signed the house back should have been enough for them to action this, but no. I insisted that the customer service agent email them for me and chase it up, which she agreed to do. However come Wednesday i had still heard nothing so decided to ring them again. Again i was told that i needed to email them as they had no access to the records. When i asked why the last email sent had not been actioned the assistant could not explain it. She told me she would email them again and that if hadn't heard from them then within a few days then i should call back again. I waited until the Friday afternoon and then checked with JPAC to see if the charges had been stopped, yet again i found out they hadn't been. I therefore rang Carillionamey again. This time i spoke to a more helpful woman called Kate who decided to do some investigation and upon doing so a whole list of problems became apperent. Carrillionamey were unable to trace me on their system either by name or regimental number. Further more when they checked the address i was not listed as a tenant there (despite me signing the agreement and being charged every month for it), however my wife and child were listed as living there, even though neither are in the military and can therefore not be the licence holder?? The women could not understand the reasons for these problems and said she would pass it on again and personnally chase it, so could i give her a few days.

I contacted Kate again on Monday 12 Jan 15 to check for an update but she said the administration department had not responded to her yet either. At this point i was becoming a bit frustrtaed with this company's incompetence, but decided to give them a few more days.

Which brings us to today, i again contacted JPAC where i was again told my charges had not been stopped and if they were not stopped by Friday then i would incur charges for the month of January. The guy at JPAC informed me that they have had numerous calls recently regarding quarter charges and the incompetence of Carillionamey, so it seems like mine is not an isolated incident.

I therefore decided enough was enough and contacted Carillionameys's complaints department. The guy i spoke to contacted the admin department where they came up with a numerous excuses including a back log of emails from the DIO handover (Nov 14) and the fact i had previously been granted an retention of quarter until Jul 2015 so the date on my file was wrong. I explained to him that all this was irrelevant and was their error not mine as i had moved out and handed everything back with no charges raised. Also as i was no longer living there i should no longer be paying SFA charges. He agreed and has said he would chase it up (not holding my breath). I also explained that if it is not sorted by Friday this week (16 Jan 15) then it misses the pay run and i will incur £300 worth of charges due to their error (£200 SFA & £100 CILOR). I explained that i have a mortgage to pay and if i incur these charges then any other charges incurred or bills which result from them incorrectly charging me will be passed to them.

Luckily i am able to cover the £300 shortfall due to being on a high wage, however a lower paid private or JNCO may not be so lucky and could end up with financial difficulties, something which is frowned upon within the military.

As you can imagine from the length of this post i am becoming very annoyed with this company. As a civvy company they seem to think that treating military personnel like this is acceptable when it is not. In previous years a complaint to the DIO would have surficed to have this problem rectifiedhowvere the DIO are no longer involved in this and Carillionamey seem less than bothered about the impact they are having. Therefore i am wondering who is best to contact to progress this further.

Sorry for the length of the post, but i though i should give all the facts, to enable people to provide the best advice.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Last edited:

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Afternoon everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can provide me some advice/guidance on what i should do next or who i should contact next to resolve the quarter charge problem i am currently having with Carillionamey.

A bit of background.....

I marched out of my married quarter on 23 Dec 14 after purchasing my own house, as it had gone past the December pay run i knew i would be charged for the quarter for the rest of December and had no problem with this i knew i should get this as a refund in January 2015 pay.

I returned to work after the Christmas break and contacted my admin office to update my residence for GYH pay and to also check that the civilian company Carrilionamey (who now deal with SFA allocations, march out and charges etc) had stopped my quarter charges. I was informed that my charges had not been stopped and to give them a few days after the holidays in case it had been delayed.

I decdied to contact Carillionamey and investigate what was going on and was amazed when they said i had to email their admin department and request my charges were stopped after my march out. Surely the fact i had marched out of the property, handed in all keys and signed the house back should have been enough for them to action this, but no. I insisted that the customer service agent email them for me and chase it up, whcih che agreed to do however come the Wednesday i had still heard nothing, so decided to ring them again. Again i was told that i needed to email them as they had no access to the records. When i asked why the last email sent had not been actioned the assistant could not explain it. She told me she would email them again and that if hadn't heard from them then within a few days then i should call back again. I waited until the Friday afternoon and then checked with JPAC to see if the charges had been stopped, yet again i found out they hadn't been. I therefore rang Carillionamey again. This time i spoke to a more helpful woman called Kate who decided to do some investigation and upon doing so a whole list of problems became apperent. Carrillionamey were unable to trace me ontheir system either by name or regimental number. Further more when they checked the address i was not listed as a tenant there (despite me signing the agreement and being charged every month for it), however my wife and child were listed as living there, even though neither are in the military and can therefore not be the licence holder?? The women said she would pass it on again and personnally chase it, so could i give her a few days.

I contacted Kate again on Monday 12 Jan 15 to check for an update but she said the administration department had not responded to her yet either. At this point i was becoming a bit frustrtaed with this companies incompetence, but decided to give them a few more days.

Which brings us to today, i again contacted JPAC where i was again told my charges had not been stopped. The guy at JPAC informed me that they have had numerous calls recently regarding quarter charges and the incompetence of Carillionamey, so it seems like mine is not an isolated incident.

I therefore decided enough was enough and contacted Carillionameys's complaints department. The guy i spoke to contacted the admin department where they came up with a numerous excuses including a back log of emaisl from the DIO handover (Nov 14) and the fact i had previously been granted an retention of quarter until Jul 2015 so the date on my file was wrong. I explained to him that all this was irrelevat as i had moved out and handed everythign back with no charges raised and as i was no longer living there i should no longer be paying SFA charges. He agreed and has said he will chase it up not holding my breath). I also explained that if it is not sorted by Friday this week (16 Jan 15) then it missed the pay run and i will incur £300 worth of charges due to their error (£200 SFA & £100 CILOR). I also explained that as i have a mortgage to pay, any charges incurred or bills which result from them incorrectly charging me will be passed to them.

Although i am able to cover the £300 shortfall due to being on a high wage, a lower paid private or JNCO may not be so lucky and could end up with financial difficulties, something which is frowned upon within the military.

As you can imagine from the length of this post i am becoming very annoyed with this company. As a civvy company they seem to think that treating military personnel like this is acceptable when it is not. In previous years a complaint to the DIO would have surficed to have this problem rectifiedhowvere the DIO are no longer involved in this and Carillionamey seem less than bothered about the impact they are having. Therefore i am wondering who is best to contact to progress this further.

Sorry for the length of the post, but i though i should give all the facts, to enable people to provide the best advice.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!
Have you done this?

http://www.aff.org.uk/army_family_life/housing/complaints.htm

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If you receive no redress then write to Philip Rogerson, The Chairman,Carillion PLC at the company's head office explaining what has happened.If all has gone well with renting prior to problem be sure to mention that in your letter.Good luck

The snail,

Thanks for the reply. I have already contacted Carillionamey complaints team this afternoon and although the guy did manage to contact the admin department they simply tried to justify it with an excuse of ' we have a backlog of emails', but they would try to start clearing them and all the outstanding JPA administartion they have. I told him thats not my problem, and that it had to be sorted by Friday otherwise i am escalating the complaint. Surley if they are aware they have a backlog then they should have done something about it, not simply 'put it off until tomorrow'

It seems like they are not capable of dealing with the business they have taken on and seem to think it is acceptable to treat military personnel this way.

Mole,

Thanks for that, i may well contact him as i know going straight to the top with a civilan company can have excellent results.

Everything has gone well with the renting before and i again marched out without any bills being raised, something i have managed with all 5 quarters i have occupied.

Tip for you, as my wife worked for Carillion. She got this from her own site Managing Directors;
"Carillion do not give a flying fcuk about their customers or their employees, all they care about are the share holders"
This has been the case ever since they took over McAlpine.

If you think things don't happen like that in civvy street, you are in for a shock. But, good luck with getting things moving.

AT55

LE
Are you married or in a relationship? If you are, get your other half to write to their MP. I read in the paper that there is an election coming up so all MPs will want to be seen to be supporting our brave boys and girls.

On a related note, does anyone know if you inform the army that you no longer wish to pay a bill (other than taxes) directly from your wages, are they legally obliged to do so? Or can they keep chinning you off like they have the OP?

Ash,

I understand that things like this happen in civvy street, however in the military your quarter charges are taken directly from your wages at source so there is nothing you can do to stop it. IN civvy street however your rent is normally taken as a direct debit from a bank which you can easily stop!! So it's not the same is it!!!!!!

I wasn't limiting it to the money aspect, but the actual customer service level.

Ask your UWO to staff up a Level 2 complaint ( the UWO will probably ask for references ie copy of Move Out paperwork,complaint ref no, email trail , diary of phone calls etc). This complaint will go to the Bde Housing Liaison Officer and probably DCOS to take it to the relevant Carillion Aimey rep.

Your Unit HR maybe able to get JPAC to stop Quarter Charges on the strength of your copy of the Move Out paperwork.

Good luck.

Edit to add: Had 2 blokes in our place today asking about starting MQ charges after moving in in early December (before the pay run).

It seems like they are not capable of dealing with the business they have taken on and seem to think it is acceptable to treat military personnel this way.
Note that CarillionAmeys staff today are the same as DIO a couple of months ago. The difference being that they are currently transitioning from dios internal processes and individual subcontracts to carrilionameys processes and one contract.
Not realy that they think it's ok to deal with you this way, they have not resolved your initial call so they can be liable for contract penalties
From what you have put up the initial problem has occured, you've complained to the help desk, escalated to carillonameys complaints and still not had resolution. The next step is to escalate to DIO (which is step 2 in the process linked by snail). As its pay related also as bluntslane says go for escalating up the pay/he chain

jurrasic_clerk

Old-Salt
Find a clerk (HR Admin) who has Famili Accm Administrator & JSAAC, Armed Forces Role on JPA and ask them if they will stop the charges for you. You will need to have your March Out (Move Out) certificate with you. And they can refuse!

Latest Threads