Quarantine - 14 days on your return if you venture aboard

COVID-19 hasn't finished with us just yet. Watch that 8 billion reduce by a tenth.
The third world will make that loss up almost overnight. All right maybe a bit longer, but it will be a small dip on a largish graph.

The Government plan was to prevent the spread and buy time to create a vaccine and produce an accurate testing method which seems like a very good idea to me.

The Armchair Government have determined that waiting is no longer required.

The Hindsight Governments have determined that too little was done too late, too much was done too early, or everything they did was done wrong depending on which side of the aisle they sit.

The We Know Better Expert Governments have determined that they should have listened to them from day one because they have known what to do all along.

The Militant Government has determined that everybody is wrong and we need our lives back so Fcuk all of you and we don't need no stinking Government telling us what to do.

The Conspiracy Government has determined that everybody listed above is wrong or lying because those dastardly Chinese decided to contaminate the world on purpose so that the West would hate them even more. or It was invented by Democrats to fcuk over the U.S economy and stop Trump from getting re-elected. or It was invented by All Governments to control the population and fcuk over the World Economy just because. or It wasn't invented at all but Governments all over the World decided to fcuk over their own economies just because it seemed like a good idea at the time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Given all of the above is it any wonder that the actual Government are unsure of the correct course of action to take. Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

The Government plan was to prevent the spread and buy time to create a vaccine and produce an accurate testing method which seems like a very good idea to me.

The Hindsight Governments have determined that too little was done too late, too much was done too early, or everything they did was done wrong depending on which side of the aisle they sit.

The We Know Better Expert Governments have determined that they should have listened to them from day one because they have known what to do all along.

The Militant Government has determined that everybody is wrong and we need our lives back so Fcuk all of you and we don't need no stinking Government telling us what to do.

The Conspiracy Government has determined that everybody listed above is wrong or lying because those dastardly Chinese decided to contaminate the world on purpose so that the West would hate them even more. or It was invented by Democrats to fcuk over the U.S economy and stop Trump from getting re-elected. or It was invented by All Governments to control the population and fcuk over the World Economy just because. or It wasn't invented at all but Governments all over the World decided to fcuk over their own economies just because it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Given all of the above is it any wonder that the actual Government are unsure of the correct course of action to take. Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.
^
This 100 percent.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

What's coming back to haunt the government was the bit of missing messaging about everyone having to grow up. If they'd made it clear from the start that COVID is now a fact of everyday life that we all have to face up to and that lock down was about buying time for the NHS to increase capacity and to get an effective testing and tracking system set up, we'd probably be having less of a kerfuffle now.

As you rightly point out, we have the militant lock down defiers on the one hand and the worried well who are convinced that they're one dirty door knob away from the plague pit on the other. There's also that group that likes the idea of being paid to do nothing and are playing the health and safety card like there's no tomorrow.

All things considered, the Government's done a reasonable job in my view, though not closing the airports was bizarre. Chucking the old codgers out of hospital and turning care homes into COVID incubators has done the most damage, but that's firmly at the door of the NHS and its SOPs.

At today's press briefing, the fella from Border Force said that anyone unwilling or unable to pay for government provided quarantine accommodation would be removed from the country and returned from whence they came, adding that the procedures for doing so were already in place. So why the feck aren't they doing that with the crowd sneaking across the Channel in rubber boats??
I'll believe it when i see them deporting thousands. We are a laughing stock at the moment.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't be ridiculous, we've smashed every attendance record going for league one. My friend and I @mercurydancer sit together when we can. I go every home game, and a fair few aways, most likely unlike your good self.
I can verify that. Been with PC supa on many many matches .So has my son, who was made very welcome. Been at a match league one with 40 thousand there with pc supa. Its not just the match, its the way Sunderland have it right, from meeting up in the city, no trouble at all, going across the bridge and the friendly atmosphere outside the ground makes it superb. Its a good day out.

Me and my son are actually in Sunderland till i die, episode 3. Looking a bit pissed off, but that match was a dogs brekkie. In our usual seats L22

NSP

LE

NSP

LE
Loophole available until the rule change Monday morning.
HTF the civil serpent drawing up the rules didn't see that one coming and stipulate "arrivals from RoI holding an Irish passport or proof of abode in RoI" I cannot begin to fathom.

In any case, aren't Brits returning from abroad required to quarentine, too? That's going to see a few legal challenges if Brits have to go into the bin whilst Paddy O'Virus in the immigration line behind them gets to crack on.

HTF the civil serpent drawing up the rules didn't see that one coming and stipulate "arrivals from RoI holding an Irish passport or proof of abode in RoI" I cannot begin to fathom.

In any case, aren't Brits returning from abroad required to quarentine, too? That's going to see a few legal challenges if Brits have to go into the bin whilst Paddy O'Virus in the immigration line behind them gets to crack on.
sooooo........

fancy a Jolly to Costa Del Virus, Off to Dublin on my Irish passport and fly there and back.
....and no way of telling if I’d left the Republic.

NSP

LE
sooooo........

fancy a Jolly to Costa Del Virus, Off to Dublin on my Irish passport and fly there and back.
....and no way of telling if I’d left the Republic.
I'm on the register of seamen and so am exempt from quarantine restrictions, apparently.

Fairly lengthy list of exemptions there - including seamen.

I'll just flash my little blue book and be laughing.
I don't see anything there about Government Ministers buggering off somewhere exotic with their wives/girlfriends/mistresses/constant companions etc., but I bet RAF executive transport branch will be extremely busy come August on 'essential factfinding trips'.

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
Another freedom gone with barely a whimper - soon we'll have none left. If they were going to do this, it should have been done at the start of lockdown, not 2 months later under the 'seemed like a good idea at the time' principle.
If 1000 people have the virus and 10 new cases fly in, it's a small increase
Now the infections gave gone down
If 100 people have the virus and 10 new cases fly in...

Latest Threads