Quantum Physics

Which school of thought are you? Superposition or Many worlds? And are we anywhere near a working Quantum Computer?

Ah...that sounds like an in-joke from RSS. You guys on T1?

Disco said:
I would let you know but I do not have enough cats to make an informed decision
Surely you only need one cat...... if that would prove anything, which it wouldn't unles you want to be 'potentialy' cruel to a cat?

Plant-Pilot said:
Disco said:
Surely you only need one cat...... if that would prove anything, which it wouldn't unles you want to be 'potentialy' cruel to a cat?
What's cruel about sticking a cat in a sealed box and contemplating the very nature of the universe?

Rowums said:
What's cruel about sticking a cat in a sealed box and contemplating the very nature of the universe?
You seem to have convieniently forgotten the vile of cyanide :oops:

Plant-Pilot said:
Rowums said:
You seem to have convieniently forgotten the vile of cyanide :oops:
Don't get technical with me matey. If we're getting technical here, only one cat in two of the universe's created when the cat is put in the box will die of from the hydrocyanic acid. Therefore there is no cruelty done to the cat until the lid is removed from the box and the probability fields collapse and you fimd out which of the two reality's you are left with.

Sangreal said:
Plant-Pilot said:
And are we anywhere near a working Quantum Computer?
We're certainly closer than Cro Magnons were - although we have discovered sanitation in the meantime; which must be a bonus! :?: :lol:
Reading in the New Scientist this week that so far the best quantum comptuer can calculate as well as an 11 year old girl

Rowums said:
Sangreal said:
Plant-Pilot said:
And are we anywhere near a working Quantum Computer?
We're certainly closer than Cro Magnons were - although we have discovered sanitation in the meantime; which must be a bonus! :?: :lol:
Reading in the New Scientist this week that so far the best quantum comptuer can calculate as well as an 11 year old girl
That's not all that bad for a few electrically excited particles is it?!!!

Disco said:
But then again, even with no cat, surely you could put "no cat" in the box and it may exist :lol:

GR

This thread is ARRSe but just got back from a sherbert or 2 and banged one out whilst looking at the picture of the Vordemeister.

I don't care but I will no doubt seek professional help tomorrow.

Sangreal said:
Ghost_Rider said:
Disco said:
But then again, even with no cat, surely you could put "no cat" in the box and it may exist :lol:

GR
Now that's fcuckin' chaos!!!!!
Chaos, terrible business. No, best to stay well clear.

Rowums said:
Sangreal said:
Ghost_Rider said:
Disco said:

GR
Now that's fcuckin' chaos!!!!!
Choas, terrible business. No, best to stay well clear.
Yes, Rowums, I'm sure Choas is a terrible business - but Chaos is even worse ;)

Ghost

Rowums said:
Don't get technical with me matey. If we're getting technical here, only one cat in two of the universe's created when the cat is put in the box will die of from the hydrocyanic acid. Therefore there is no cruelty done to the cat until the lid is removed from the box and the probability fields collapse and you fimd out which of the two reality's you are left with.
Firstly, on a thread discussing quantum phisics, what's not to get technical?

Secondly, from your answer I can see that you are of the many worlds school of thought. I've always thought the superposition idea, even though just as improbable as having an endless number of states in and endless number of universes, was the easier to get my head round. I'm just happy that quantum theory only really effects the atomic level.... life would get a little wierd otherwise.

F

fozzy

Plant-Pilot said:
Firstly, on a thread discussing quantum phisics, what's not to get technical?

Secondly, from your answer I can see that you are of the many worlds school of thought. I've always thought the superposition idea, even though just as improbable as having an endless number of states in and endless number of universes, was the easier to get my head round. I'm just happy that quantum theory only really effects the atomic level.... life would get a little wierd otherwise.
Weird? If you want weird, get yer head around Quantum Cryptography?!?