Quality Recruits for the Army only please

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by nark, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At last the Army has realised that it can now be a bit more choosy when selecting recuits. The great unwashed are begining to realise what a great career the Army can offer.

DG ATRD has introduced a new system of Army Selection that will weed out all the whingers and spastics that queue outside the SSMs and UWOs offices every Monday Morning.

The new IDST System will pass only the most determined, robust and bright Army Applicants who will stay the course and not go home after 3 weeks at ITC.

This is good news for the Army, however, it may take some time to see its benefits.
  2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Was the same in the early eighties and nineties, a recession means the Army can pick and choose.
  3. We are in a recession - we can afford to be a bit more choosey because more people realise that the work has dried up and so look to the forces for a regular secure income

No they are not - they are looking for secure employment

No it wont. These people have been around since Judas was a lance jack, and will be around for ever more

Meanwhile, back on planet earth

Or until we head out of recession and people will look for work elswhere (until the next recession and the whole circle will begine again)
  4. So what is the IDST system?
  5. good break down by drain sniffer.

If Army is the answer, then it was a dumb fecking question
  6. Thank you Brain Sniffer for your detailed analysis of my post.
  7. Was that meant for me?

If it was then how would i know what IDST is? Ive googled it, nothing! What changes in the process?
  8. Individual Development and Selection Tool for use at Careers Offices.

For more information ask Brain Sniffer, he seems to be a font of knowledge on these matters.
  9. Thank you for that nark.

Now drain_sniffer, what will this new method involve?

I ask as i will be landing in the nearest AFCO very soon after a long struggle to get myself in good order.
  10. Not at all, I have just been around long enough to have seen it all before
  11. Still, more info if possible please?
  12. Im off to learn about this on Monday for my sins !!
  13. Nig in bruised ego shocker...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.