• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Quality of the guys in The Parachute Regiment?

Hello chaps,

I am currently in my RM officer application, but am now looking to start an Army app. My question is, are the Para's meant to be generally nutters? I understand this is a blatant stereotype, but this is the impression I have always got. one of my teacher's husband is in 1 Para and he seem an alright guy, but is pretty unhinged and might have a few screws loose.
I ask this, as I also very interested in the Para's as I like the look of the battalions and the core ethos's, but am just looking to inquire about the quality of the guys that I could theoretically be serving with.

Any answers would be great,
Regards,
Johannes

You have little to worry about if you are joining as an officer regardless of capbadge, the only 'unhinged' side of serving soldiers (again regardless of capbadge) you will be made aware of is when you are dealing with agai procedures.

johannes, post very insulting, best view : what manner of men are these who wear the maroon beret?
they are first all volunteers, and are toughened by hard physical training. as a result they have that infectious optimism and that offensive eagerness which comes from physical well being.
they have jumped from the air and by doing so, have concoured fear.
their duty lies in the van of battle, they are proud of their honour and have never failed in any task.
they have the highest standards in all things, weather it be skill in battle or smartness in execution of peacetime duties
they have shown themselves to be tenacious and determined in defence as they are couragous in attack
they are in fact men apart
every man an emperor

not my words but those of field marshal Montgomery

what he said is as true now as when it was said, the lads just back from afgan are proof of that.
this resposne is not nasty, but if you are looking to be part of the regiment you need to focus hard and not ask stupid questions, the men of the paras are the best
the

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
johannes, post very insulting, best view : what manner of men are these who wear the maroon beret?
they are first all volunteers, and are toughened by hard physical training. as a result they have that infectious optimism and that offensive eagerness which comes from physical well being.
they have jumped from the air and by doing so, have concoured fear.
their duty lies in the van of battle, they are proud of their honour and have never failed in any task.
they have the highest standards in all things, weather it be skill in battle or smartness in execution of peacetime duties
they have shown themselves to be tenacious and determined in defence as they are couragous in attack
they are in fact men apart
every man an emperor

not my words but those of field marshal Montgomery

what he said is as true now as when it was said, the lads just back from afgan are proof of that.
this resposne is not nasty, but if you are looking to be part of the regiment you need to focus hard and not ask stupid questions, the men of the paras are the best
the

Yep 100% .
Fally , Can I have 3 pouches for Blackberry covers and 1 x i pod cover ta. ps do you only have them in assorted colours.

Can you do me a whole suit a la Silence of the Lambs, but with a 2 tone effect - black arms, white body, black legs, black head, please. I am going for a Baron Samedi stylee look.

Latest Threads