Quality of the guys in The Parachute Regiment?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Johannes_L-H, May 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello chaps,

I am currently in my RM officer application, but am now looking to start an Army app. My question is, are the Para's meant to be generally nutters? I understand this is a blatant stereotype, but this is the impression I have always got. one of my teacher's husband is in 1 Para and he seem an alright guy, but is pretty unhinged and might have a few screws loose.
    I ask this, as I also very interested in the Para's as I like the look of the battalions and the core ethos's, but am just looking to inquire about the quality of the guys that I could theoretically be serving with.

Any answers would be great,
  2. Please, not another thread about the paras. Use the search button and find the 10 000 threads already about this subject.
  3. That's a fair point mate, but I can choose to post a question if I want, as I cannot find another post that answers my question.
  4. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  5. No we're not nutters.

Can I interest you in a necklace made out of muslims ears?

Or a baccy pouch made out of a muslims tit?

Only £25.99 each
  6. You have little to worry about if you are joining as an officer regardless of capbadge, the only 'unhinged' side of serving soldiers (again regardless of capbadge) you will be made aware of is when you are dealing with agai procedures.
  7. When you fail your RM application because of shit wah drills you can go back to whereever you came from
  8. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Can you put me down for 1 baccy pouch mate?
  9. With or without nipple?
  10. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Without please, I find nipples get in the way.
  11. Do you not make them out of Muslim nutsacks anymore?!? How times have changed
  12. You promised me that you'd make the nipples into earrings for me..........

At £12.99 a pair, they're a ******* steal.
  13. I think if you find a fat one and skin it you'd be able to make a lovely all in one set of coveralls. £50 cheers.
  14. johannes, post very insulting, best view : what manner of men are these who wear the maroon beret?
    they are first all volunteers, and are toughened by hard physical training. as a result they have that infectious optimism and that offensive eagerness which comes from physical well being.
    they have jumped from the air and by doing so, have concoured fear.
    their duty lies in the van of battle, they are proud of their honour and have never failed in any task.
    they have the highest standards in all things, weather it be skill in battle or smartness in execution of peacetime duties
    they have shown themselves to be tenacious and determined in defence as they are couragous in attack
    they are in fact men apart
    every man an emperor

not my words but those of field marshal Montgomery

what he said is as true now as when it was said, the lads just back from afgan are proof of that.
    this resposne is not nasty, but if you are looking to be part of the regiment you need to focus hard and not ask stupid questions, the men of the paras are the best

15. Go for the new market, all the suits are after now is trendy iPad covers. Nutsack or titty baccy pouches have had their day....