Quality of Permanent Staff

potter

Old-Salt
While I was at OTC I don't think a single PSI ( TA & Reg ) wasn't up to naughtiness.

Scores on the doors - lots of affairs, one divorce, one marriage ( unrelated to the divorce ) and two convictions for rape or sexual assault brought to court a number of years later.
The numbers I quoted were only the ones that got caught and got sacked...

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I've known a few TA lads who were instructors in OTC"s, they have all told me similar tales of debauchery.
Let's face it if you are a young lass, cut free from parental control for the first time, and you have a choice between some wispy-bearded hipster and a proper man with a bit of life experience - who are you going to choose?

Let's face it if you are a young lass, cut free from parental control for the first time, and you have a choice between some wispy-bearded hipster and a proper man with a bit of life experience - who are you going to choose?
Another female cadet officer presumably

While I was at OTC I don't think a single PSI ( TA & Reg ) wasn't up to naughtiness.

Scores on the doors - lots of affairs, one divorce, one marriage ( unrelated to the divorce ) and two convictions for rape or sexual assault brought to court a number of years later.

Pah! ...Lightweights.... no armed robberies, GBH on top?

No offence to you and your esteemed collegue, but I find Robme's stories of NI, passing P Company, serving at Goose Green with 2 Para and working in intelligence with Maurices boys, easier to believe than all these dits about young female officer cadets being desperate for PSI and LE officer cock.

If it was a PSI from 22 SAS (highly unlikely I know) I could understand. Chicks get wet at the mere mention of the word. But an 18-21 year old female officer cadet being desperate to get into bed with a middleage, probably a bit paunchy, gray/balding Warrant Officer or LE officer from the RLC, R Sigs or the Loamshires, who is probably older than her dad.

Call me a sceptic but It seems very much like your typical Arrser fantasy to me.
Pretty much the same demographic that goes through Sandhurst. Speak to anyone that's recently left and the stories are similar, though opportunities probably not so abundant.

It happened at 39 Sig Regt too...
I can understand it with TA R Sigs, as there was a greater age range with the females there, and also not being 18-21 year old posh chicks. I always had the impression that R Sigs TA regiments were just one big knocking shop anyway, and your weekends consisted of orgies. The same with Int Corp and RMP TA but with posher chicks.

I almost thought about transfering as I thought that isn't the TA about drinking and shagging during the weekend at the tax payers expense and being winged up the TA chicks would not be able to resist me. However the abject humiliation of becoming a STAB hat as opposed to a STAB Paratrooper, always stoped me thankfully.

Pretty much the same demographic that goes through Sandhurst. Speak to anyone that's recently left and the stories are similar, though opportunities probably not so abundant.
Surely that is career ending if they are found out, as it is more of a duty of care issue? The female cadets there being under the control of the DS 24 hours a day. Values and Standards and all that.

I can understand it with TA R Sigs, as there was a greater age range with the females there, and also not being 18-21 year old posh chicks. I always had the impression that R Sigs TA regiments were just one big knocking shop anyway, and your weekends consisted of orgies. The same with Int Corp and RMP TA but with posher chicks.

I almost thought about transfering as I thought that isn't the TA about drinking and shagging during the weekend at the tax payers expense and being winged up the TA chicks would not be able to resist me. However the abject humiliation of becoming a STAB hat as opposed to a STAB Paratrooper, always stoped me thankfully.
We had a reasonable number of females who drank pints and wore sensible shoes, so you might have lucked out there. ;)

I would have ended up with the fat ginger chick with the thick black glasses stalking me. You must have had a few of them.
One of the ginger chicks (she wasn't fat or wore glasses) stalked the CO's driver; I can vividly remember him hiding from her in the Gent's in the Tri Bar at Longmoor, as we passed pints into him so that he could at least have a decent drink that evening.

Surely that is career ending if they are found out, as it is more of a duty of care issue? The female cadets there being under the control of the DS 24 hours a day. Values and Standards and all that.
Are we living on the same planet, since when has ending ones career ever prevented shagging? It's a little bit different now as you end up on a list. Go back 10 years and you just got moved on.

Polyester

Old-Salt
I have been interested in the reserves for quite a while but I am put off by the idea of naff permanent staff. It must be pretty demoralising if the planned activities are crap (through idleness or ineptitude) and people have made the effort to turn up.

To pop down to the nearest Parachute Regiment Drill Hall for some ABC?

Last edited:
I have been interested in the reserves for quite a while but I am put off by the idea of naff permanent staff. It must be pretty demoralising if the planned activities are crap (through idleness or ineptitude) and people have made the effort to turn up.
Considering the use of the term "naff" I'd hurry up and get your application in before you're too old.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Latest Threads