Qualified ODP - Which regiment to join?

Discussion in 'Army Professionally Qualified Recruitment' started by SurgicalPrecision, Mar 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone,

Just a quick question on joining up as a qualified ODP. Soon I will hopefully be joining the regulars as a qualified ODP. I have already filled in the online form and at the time didn't know which regiment to join so I left it blank since I didnt mind.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of which regiment to join if offerd a few or whether I would be able to request one when going for my interview/selection? 16 medical brigade sounds interesting and exciting if its what i think it is. Do they have ODP's as part of their field hospitals? If so does anyone know then requirements for joing? is it the same as the paras or same as all other RAMC jobs?

Apologies; thats not really a quick question at all, but I would appreciate any insight that could be offered on this.

Thanks.

2. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

You've got it the wrong way round. If you're joining as an ODP you can only join the RAMC. Once you've been through basic training and Phase 2 training (if you need it) you'll then be posted to a unit or a Regiment for X number of years. You can choose which one you'd prefer but it's not a given that you'll get it. Does that make sense?

• Like Like x 2
  3. What, like 1 2 3 etc until the fingers run out?

4. Only brighter ones...........

5. No, the brighter ones take their socks off and get all the way to 20.

6. That's why you have the iconic photo of Royal Marine Corporal Pete Robinson in your avatar.

7. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Troll. Binned. Ignore. (Not the OP!)