Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by sparky909, Apr 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ??? idk what the **** im am playing at!

i have almost complete my 4 yr electrical apprenticeship with my current employer

I am wondering, will i be looked at different if i already have my electrical qualifications (e.g all my c&gs and nvqs) when joining the army? e.g. fast-tracking some of the application/training process?
  2. Go for it! If you join a trade that involves the qualifications you've got then you could probably get a 'Golden Hello' - Basically I think it's if you have the quals, they give you a cash bonus to egg you into joining that particular trade :) Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone?

But definitely something to look into fella!
  3. I know someone who is a fully qualyfied chippy, Wanted to join the army but the Engerneers refused him because of his GCSE's

4. Off topic, but are you a gay couple? this is to the poster of the above quote.
  5. RE's used to let you go straight for the sparkies final exam and a quick trade test following basic but unless you have done a fair bit of theory I would advise doing the full course, you would find it fairly easy coming into with a lot of background knowledge and learn a lot more on the theory side than you did in your apprenticeship (I believe the 'Cannon' in Brompton may be the place to go to do the homework...)

Do well on the course (in the top 2 or 3 students) and you could get fast tracked to the 2-1 course and if you want it C of W (need to do all the other course's as well for that though).

That said, it will have changed a bit since I went through Chatham in the early 80's