Qualifications needed for Sandhurst. Medical degree not enough..advice please..

No, letter said he didn't have enough UCAS points for Sandhurst, they counted his A levels as 90 points. He needs 160. If he gets more, he could come back.

Anyway, thanks for those who have left useful comments. I think the "medical" degree was irrelevant really, my mistake: the point being it's the level of education and I know plenty of people who went to Sandhurst with a 3rd, but, perhaps that with poor A levels does not look good. I'll leave it at that now.

Actually I think you'll find it's 180 UCAS points he needs!

As per the British Army website and any information that is given at ACIO or indeed on the internet:

Qualifications: 180 UCAS points and 35 ALIS points at GCSE, (including a minimum grade C in English, Maths and a science or foreign language).

KitKats

Clanker
No, letter said he didn't have enough UCAS points for Sandhurst, they counted his A levels as 90 points. He needs 160. If he gets more, he could come back.

90 UCAS Points for A-Levels? To put that into context, an E at AS is worth 20, an E at A-level is worth 40. Depending on what subjects those grades were in, perhaps the argument is that they don't believe he'd cope with the level of maths alone required of him at Sandhurst?

but he was originally a doctor for quite a while, he didnt qualify and then go straight into TV.

Anyway, thanks for those who have left useful comments. I think the "medical" degree was irrelevant really, my mistake: the point being it's the level of education and I know plenty of people who went to Sandhurst with a 3rd, but, perhaps that with poor A levels does not look good. I'll leave it at that now.

I have always been under the impression achieving a third makes you less qualified than before you started the degree.

The advice is normally (if somebody with a third still wants to get a graduate level job) to go in at the lowest level in a company that offers a graduate scheme, and then after demonstrating that you're not thick or lazy, apply for the graduate scheme as an internal applicant.

So in this case maybe he should join the TA/army as a tom, and try to show this isn't the case here, too.

but he was originally a doctor for quite a while, he didnt qualify and then go straight into TV.

theres only one way to solve this...

...FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

And Dr's Graham Garden & Chapman

Dr Gillian McKeith? no sorry, she isnt a doctor (bit like Andyyorks mate really), just used the title until exposed!

S

Snoreador

Dr Gillian McKeith? no sorry, she isnt a doctor (bit like Andyyorks mate really), just used the title until exposed!

"Gillian McKeith, or to use her full medical title, Gillian McKeith" (c) Ben Goldacre, I believe. Didn't she get her 'PhD' from some dodgy online PhD shop?

Latest Threads