Qualifications for RMP

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by jaydee85, Mar 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Does anyone know if a Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy is accepted for entry as an RMP Soldier.

The Army website states... "Qualifications: Minimum of two GCSEs in Maths and English Language at Grade C Or a Level 2 equivalent qualification in Literacy and Numeracy."

I have read in some posts that they are and some that they are not.

If anyone could shed any light? that would be great!

Thanks.

2. This is a question that only the recruitment office can answer.

Now let's hear some hilarious monkey bashing from the site's funny men.

• Like Like x 3
  3. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

A request will need to be made to the SPSO who can authorise shading, if he/she wants too. What you need to think about though is why would they give shading when they have more applicants than they require WITH the required GCSE grades.

4. RMP you say?

Attached Files:

5. Five posts and the simian references are out. Is that a record?

6. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

He didn't mention 'bullied at school' or 'unhealthy desire to stitch up/grass up yer muckers' though.

7. Simian? Doesnt have the same ring to it as 'monkey ****' does.

8. In my limited experience of the illustrious Military Police I'd say being a stranger to the truth would be a great help.

9. Army only recognise GCSE's as Academic Qualifications. Trust me I tried that one with my key skills.

10. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

Best get that message out to Recruiting Group then and get all the jobs with 'or equivalents' deleted. Must be a right bugger for all the F&C applicants who don't sit GCSE's in their home country as they won't be able to get a commission or technical jobs like VM etc - oh hang on....

11. This response is why applicants who only have their own application to speak about don't give the correct answer ...unlike Sup rec who gave the correct advice.

12. He wasn't after a response. He just wanted to see another RMP bashing thread as he's a weirdo who get's off on that sort of stuff and we haven't had one for, oh.....at least a week?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Noted Biccies....can't understand how anyone would want to be-little such wonderful soldiers as the RMP though :???:

Mine was more a generic attack on responses from applicants who believe that just because they was told NO with their non GCSE grades its up to the SPSO's to make a final decision as Sup Rec stated.

Serious head on seeing it is still in this forumn as I have heard Disco has his whip at the ready.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I know what you mean. That's been troubling me for years.