Qualification for sa80 ?

#1
Just wondering if you get a qualification for being able to use a sa80 at a professonail level (army) , becuase the reason I ask is becuase what about if you want to do private secruity once out the army, they will ask what guns your qualified to use at a professonail level ...so I was thinking is there ?
 
#2
You wont walk away with a shiny certificate, you have to retake your weapon handling every 12 months or shorter dependant on operations.

When you leave you can say you have been trained on those weapons systems. Any future employer in this area will have their own training package to make sure you meet legislation.

Bottom line you will not be "qualified" only trained.
 
#3
Disco said:
You wont walk away with a shiny certificate, you have to retake your weapon handling every 12 months or shorter dependant on operations.

When you leave you can say you have been trained on those weapons systems. Any future employer in this area will have their own training package to make sure you meet legislation.

Bottom line you will not be "qualified" only trained.
Absolutely right. I know the septics give different quals depending on how well you perform in training, but this is the British Army. If you're planning on going into private security, what unit you were in and what you specialised in will be far more important anyway.
 
#4
corbuk said:
Just wondering if you get a qualification for being able to use a sa80 at a professonail level (army) , becuase the reason I ask is becuase what about if you want to do private secruity once out the army, they will ask what guns your qualified to use at a professonail level ...so I was thinking is there ?
what private security uses guns in britain? and the sa80 isnt a 'gun' anyway
 
#5
Once you experience the SA80, you'll never want to use it again...after your service that is
 
#6
corbuk said:
Just wondering if you get a qualification for being able to use a sa80 at a professonail level (army) , becuase the reason I ask is becuase what about if you want to do private secruity once out the army, they will ask what guns your qualified to use at a professonail level ...so I was thinking is there ?
To the best of my knowledge, no private security companies have ever issued SA80's to their people anyway, so being 'qualified' to use a weapon that you wouldn't get issued seems a bit pointless in my opinion.

If you've ever heard of/seen/imagined seeing any private security people using SA80's, I'd be most interested in hearing about it.

T_T
 
#8
Flashgear said:
There is no certificate, but when you pass Warcop (live range attacks) that qualifies you in the SA-80.
Really!

I haven't done Warcop but i think I'm perfectly qualified.
 
#10
Horridlittleman said:
Flashgear said:
There is no certificate, but when you pass Warcop (live range attacks) that qualifies you in the SA-80.
Really!

I haven't done Warcop but i think I'm perfectly qualified.
Are clearly not. You, like me (and many others), have been blagging your case all these years!
 
#11
Horridlittleman said:
Flashgear said:
There is no certificate, but when you pass Warcop (live range attacks) that qualifies you in the SA-80.
Really!

I haven't done Warcop but i think I'm perfectly qualified.
Warcop has company attacks in it, it's not blanks anymore. Weapon handling test doesn't mean your qualified.
 
#12
Bravo_Zulu said:
Horridlittleman said:
Flashgear said:
There is no certificate, but when you pass Warcop (live range attacks) that qualifies you in the SA-80.
Really!

I haven't done Warcop but i think I'm perfectly qualified.
I thought that was what an APWT was for :?
That's to make sure you can shoot, when you pass Warcop it qualifies you in safe handling of the sa-80.
 
#13
Flashgear said:
Horridlittleman said:
Flashgear said:
There is no certificate, but when you pass Warcop (live range attacks) that qualifies you in the SA-80.
Really!

I haven't done Warcop but i think I'm perfectly qualified.
Warcop has company attacks in it, it's not blanks anymore. Weapon handling test doesn't mean your qualified.

Oh, well there you go then, all you have to do is find a Civvy company that uses SA80 and you're sorted.







Good luck!
 
#14
Flashgear said:
Bravo_Zulu said:
Horridlittleman said:
Flashgear said:
There is no certificate, but when you pass Warcop (live range attacks) that qualifies you in the SA-80.
Really!

I haven't done Warcop but i think I'm perfectly qualified.
I thought that was what an APWT was for :?
That's to make sure you can shoot, when you pass Warcop it qualifies you in safe handling of the sa-80.
Bollocks

Are you sure you're really military, you have some quite suspect posts...
 
#15
Flashgear said:
There is no certificate, but when you pass Warcop (live range attacks) that qualifies you in the SA-80......

.....That's to make sure you can shoot, when you pass Warcop it qualifies you in safe handling of the sa-80.
That was so muffled that had be coming out of your arse. You're a cadet aren't you?
 
#16
So I'm not in fact safe in handling all those weapons I have to inspect? I need an adult!
 
#17
dingerr said:
Horridlittleman said:
Flashgear said:
There is no certificate, but when you pass Warcop (live range attacks) that qualifies you in the SA-80.
Really!

I haven't done Warcop but i think I'm perfectly qualified.
Are clearly not. You, like me (and many others), have been blagging your case all these years!
That'll be a couple of op tour medals being handed back and I'll also ask to be deselected from any promotions as I have clearly been unqualified to deploy on ops let alone dare to get promoted. I must get some of this 'Warcop' action, in fact so must the rest of the armed forces because it obviously qualifies you to a much higher standard than anything else training (or PDT) has to offer.
 
#18
Flashgear said:
Bravo_Zulu said:
Horridlittleman said:
Flashgear said:
There is no certificate, but when you pass Warcop (live range attacks) that qualifies you in the SA-80.
Really!

I haven't done Warcop but i think I'm perfectly qualified.
I thought that was what an APWT was for :?
That's to make sure you can shoot, when you pass Warcop it qualifies you in safe handling of the sa-80.

Ahh, so in your Army (1 Rifles?) they teach you HOW to shoot, then, at some point later, show you how to do it safely? 8O
 
#19
Warcop? Is that a sort of War & Police thing then? It it SA80 paintball or what.

Do you need this SA80 Certificate to be a doorman or watchman then.
 
#20
Warcop is a week long live fireing exercise consisting of section attacks,pairs fire and movement...in the dark! and finishing with a platoon attack........... nothing to do with safe handling of an SA-80 a2! Anyway why have an sa-80 when you can have the gimpee :oops: :)
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top