Qs on IRC, 9yr resettlement grant and PVR....

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by flapback, Nov 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents

Posted this on the officers forum - but there seems to be more interest in types of fablon and polish than any real advice - anyway...

Not a discussion I really want to have with my APC desk or my C of C at the moment - keeping my cards close to my chest etc -

1 - To confirm - once IRC accepted (as in my case) is it 12 months notice prior to leaving? Is this flexible, or very much set in stone?

2 - Once said notice is given - does this affect your 9 yr point (Pension scheme 75) - resettlement grant - ie does one have to wait till you are past the 9 year point prior to signing off - or will you still recieve the lump sum if the 9 year point arrives after you have signed off, ie in your remaining year

3 - Are you liable for Op tours during this final year - or is just final 6 months.

4 - any info on other potential issues for those on an IRC about to leave much appreciated

5 - final one - if on an IRC does one still recieve the resettlement grant if you leave before the end of the commission term, ie at 9 yr point as opposed to 16yrs or equiv.?

2. FB...not sure on all the answers, am sure someone will fill in the gaps:

1. I believe you can be forced to serve 12 months. You can apply to reduce to 7 months, but Glasgow are not remitted to agree.

2. Pretty sure you get the grant providing you serve the 9 years...not 100% sure.

3. You can go on ops providing you have 6 months residual service when you return. So if your last day in the Army was 1 Oct 10, you could go on ops now, but would need to return by 1 Apr 10. This date is negotiable, and if you agree to do less than 6 months, you could.

5. You receive the Resettlement Grant if you leave at any point when you will not be entitled to an immediate pension.

Like I said, stand by to be corrected if not totally correct.
  3. many thanks YB, confirmed some of my thoughts.....