QRH soldier shot dead in Midlands

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Sep 6, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

2. Only 20 too (bloody shame)! Maybe we should solve this countries problems before we try to fix IRAQS!!!
  3. Died for a sodding Playstation what a crying shame. :(
  4. What a contrast - a young lad who puts his life on the line for his country, and two sub-human sh!ts who will kill for a gold chain, raised in that cess-pool that passes for our nation nowadays.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  5. Tragic and so unnecessary.

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"An armed society is a polite society"

He was considered responsible enough, no doubt, to be armed to defend his country and the govts interests but not responsible enough to be permitted the wherewithall to defend himself.

When are the Pillocks in Power going to realise that, with an estimated 4,000,000 illegally held guns in the UK, banning everthing in sight will not solve the problem of armed crime it merely puts those going about their legitimate business at a disadvantage?

I'll shut up because I feel as if I'm using his corpse as a soapbox, but events like this make me despair for this country.
  6. i hope they get suitably long sentences, but i won't hold my breath!

7. It turns my stomach.
  8. The life of someone who was trying to make something of his life taken away by those who aren't. A very very sad situation made all the sadder by the knowledge that if the culprits are convicted they will recieve some punitive sentence, while the lad's family, friends and work mates loose a lot more.

The scum should be shot with their own (illegal) weapon before it is destroyed, rather than cost the country thousands to keep them a short time in prison.
  9. i can just SEE their mugshots now!!! Feral looking scum!
  10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Read the article. ****ing scum, good lad apparently shot for a commute. Heart goes to the family. Rant in my next post.
  11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

WTF are you talking about you C*. What has this lad getting mugged as he gets home from Germany got to do with your private agenda on gun ownership. You C*

(self moderated because I am a moderator)
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I think Firehorse was just aghast that there is a strange set of morals within the current regime. Also,

so I don't think there was any attempt at scoring political points.

I hope that in time Neral Sharpe's parents will be able to come to terms with his death. On a personal level I can understand how they must feel, having lost someone close in similar circumstances, only in that case the low-lifes got away without trace.

Unfortunately the murderers will probably receive lenient sentences, or at least sentences not commensurate with the crime. They know that they're unlikely to be tried as adults and so feel thay have a free hand to act as they please.

I feel very strongly about the lack of justice in the UK, it makes my blood boil and brings on a bout of Turettes', however I do not think that this is the appropriate thread to start arguing over such issues.

I believe that Mr Sharpe's death and his parents' grief should be treated with a little more respect.
  13. A man took a trip to London
    Whilst walking down the street he was vicuously attacked and robbed.
    As he lay serously injured on the pavement a priest approached.
    When he saw the man he crossed to the other side of the road and ignored the injured man.
    A nun then walked down the street. A soon as she saw the injured man she too crossed over the road and gave him not a second glance.
    A social worker then came down the street. As soon as she saw the man she went up to him. She turned him over and looked in to his face before saying.
    "Whoever did this needs help".

The above is supposed to be a joke, but really does give an idea about the state of our society today.
    RIP Narel Sharpe, and my deepest sympathies to his family and friends.
  14. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

How about a mandatory 20 year jail sentence for illegal possession of a firearm?? That might make some of these scroats think twice about carrying just to look the part.