ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

QPJM Qualifying period

Discussion in 'Medals' started by lifesabummer, Feb 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,
    Does anyone know if the QPJM will have the same Qual period as the QGJM & QDJM.

Many thanks

2. Fuuuuuuuuck oooooffff!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ha ha, it was only a matter of time. :)

4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I will look forward to getting it and/or the Coronation Medal and Scottish Independence Medal. All three will be totally unearned, other than still having a pulse, but undoubtedly piss off many if the usual suspects on Arrse.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Now come on blobmeister you know the latest ruling regarding responding to daft posts.

The correct response is " Pleeeaaasssee Fuuuuuuuuck oooooffff!"

6. Hey, Guys, nip over to the Mother Truckers Thread, something could be brewing!

7. I have heard they will only be presented to individuals who have got at least 2 Of the other 3 (Mr criteria bloke please take note) ^_~

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Scottish Independence Medal!, the day they leave will be medal enough.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. ...and further to the above, "On what day are we paid this month and do we get an extra day's pay for the Leap Year (which has already been allocated on this years Days Pay Giving").

Herbivores are Human too.

10. Gents, I'm trying to find a sensible answer to whether th QGJM would be awarded to me. I know it's not an important medal, in the scheme of things, but one I thought is still worth having. I was in the prison service from 2000/03 so was serving on the requirement date in 2002, but had served less than the 5 years required at the time it was awarded. However, I did have 9 from the mob from 1990/99. Does anyone know, or can assist in whether it needs to be 5 years continual at the requirement date, or 5 years in total. Many thanks in anticipation.

11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Yes. 5 years qualifying service in any or many qualifying services and be serving on 6 Feb 2002. Doesn't matter what you were serving in or whether there was a break in service. I know serveral people to who this has applied in both the QGJM and the QDJM.

12. Any idea where I can find that? Then I need to go to the prison service I guess

13. There is a SNCO in my Mess who actually thought the medal was issued for a Battle of Jubilee. Talk about getting the piss ripped out of him, the mong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I knew a cop who served in the Army from 1989 to 1998 and then joined the police. He had completed four years in the police at the qualification date and thought he would qualify for the QGJM by virtue of 13 years combined Army and Police service. His application was declined as he had not had a five year continuous period of service in the police immediately prior to the qualification date. It might be different in HMPS so it's worth a punt.