QPJM Qualifying period

Hello,
Does anyone know if the QPJM will have the same Qual period as the QGJM & QDJM.

Many thanks

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I will look forward to getting it and/or the Coronation Medal and Scottish Independence Medal. All three will be totally unearned, other than still having a pulse, but undoubtedly piss off many if the usual suspects on Arrse.

Fuuuuuuuuck oooooffff!
Now come on blobmeister you know the latest ruling regarding responding to daft posts.

The correct response is " Pleeeaaasssee Fuuuuuuuuck oooooffff!"

Hey, Guys, nip over to the Mother Truckers Thread, something could be brewing!

I have heard they will only be presented to individuals who have got at least 2 Of the other 3 (Mr criteria bloke please take note) ^_~

Hello,
Does anyone know if the QPJM will have the same Qual period as the QGJM & QDJM.

Many thanks
...and further to the above, "On what day are we paid this month and do we get an extra day's pay for the Leap Year (which has already been allocated on this years Days Pay Giving").

Herbivores are Human too.

Gents, I'm trying to find a sensible answer to whether th QGJM would be awarded to me. I know it's not an important medal, in the scheme of things, but one I thought is still worth having. I was in the prison service from 2000/03 so was serving on the requirement date in 2002, but had served less than the 5 years required at the time it was awarded. However, I did have 9 from the mob from 1990/99. Does anyone know, or can assist in whether it needs to be 5 years continual at the requirement date, or 5 years in total. Many thanks in anticipation.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Gents, I'm trying to find a sensible answer to whether th QGJM would be awarded to me. I know it's not an important medal, in the scheme of things, but one I thought is still worth having. I was in the prison service from 2000/03 so was serving on the requirement date in 2002, but had served less than the 5 years required at the time it was awarded. However, I did have 9 from the mob from 1990/99. Does anyone know, or can assist in whether it needs to be 5 years continual at the requirement date, or 5 years in total. Many thanks in anticipation.
Yes. 5 years qualifying service in any or many qualifying services and be serving on 6 Feb 2002. Doesn't matter what you were serving in or whether there was a break in service. I know serveral people to who this has applied in both the QGJM and the QDJM.

There is a SNCO in my Mess who actually thought the medal was issued for a Battle of Jubilee. Talk about getting the piss ripped out of him, the mong.

I knew a cop who served in the Army from 1989 to 1998 and then joined the police. He had completed four years in the police at the qualification date and thought he would qualify for the QGJM by virtue of 13 years combined Army and Police service. His application was declined as he had not had a five year continuous period of service in the police immediately prior to the qualification date. It might be different in HMPS so it's worth a punt.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I knew a cop who served in the Army from 1989 to 1998 and then joined the police. He had completed four years in the police at the qualification date and thought he would qualify for the QGJM by virtue of 13 years combined Army and Police service. His application was declined as he had not had a five year continuous period of service in the police immediately prior to the qualification date. It might be different in HMPS so it's worth a punt.
That would be the fault of an ignorant clerk who failed to put in his application. You should advise him to apply for it. He is entitled.

I have heard they will only be presented to individuals who have got at least 2 Of the other 3 (Mr criteria bloke please take note) ^_~
I wont be serving when the next jubilee medal will be issued, previously I wasnt too fussed about them but having witnessed the jealousy of those who missed out (Sometimes by a few weeks sometimes by a few decades) I wish that I was just so I could hear the howls of outrage again.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I wont be serving when the next jubilee medal will be issued, previously I wasnt too fussed about them but having witnessed the jealousy of those who missed out (Sometimes by a few weeks sometimes by a few decades) I wish that I was just so I could hear the howls of outrage again.
I know someone who retired from FTRS on the 4 Feb 2012 after having started in boy service. Them's the shakes.

I just did a quick calculation. He must have served for about 50 years.

However, I did have 9 from the mob from 1990/99. .
The Prison Service is classed as "Emergency Service Personnel". Unfortunately you are out of luck....

"All emergency service personnel who are in full-time paid effective service at the

bodies or institutions listed in Annex A on 6 February 2002 and have completed 5

calendar years reckonable service. The total of 5 years qualifying service may be

aggregated, but non-effective, unpaid or broken service will not count."

Annex A is the list of bodies that classed as Emergency Personnel and Prison Service is among them.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The Prison Service is classed as "Emergency Service Personnel". Unfortunately you are out of luck....

"All emergency service personnel who are in full-time paid effective service at the

bodies or institutions listed in Annex A on 6 February 2002 and have completed 5

calendar years reckonable service. The total of 5 years qualifying service may be

aggregated, but non-effective, unpaid or broken service will not count."

Annex A is the list of bodies that classed as Emergency Personnel and Prison Service is among them.
That's a misunderstanding. What it means is that if you joined on 7 Feb 1997 but had a 6 month break in service it wouldn't count. A break in service is not a problem provided you were serving in a qualifying service on 6 Feb 2002 and have 5 years service in any qualifying service prior to that date. As I mentioned I know plenty of people to who that applied.