QOY in York

Discussion in 'RAC' started by future_rupert, Nov 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thinking of joining this lot. Any ex-regs with them, and could you give me a quick rundown of the unit? What are the YOs and ORs like? Any help would be great.

f_r

2. Iserved with them as Gunnery PSI for 2 1/2 years mid 80's and had a fantastic time once I had adpated to the yeomanry way of doing things.

3. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

IIRC, one their brethern made a fool of himself on that slags to Ladies programme about 3 - 4 years ago - clicky below. :oops:

Linkety Link

That being said that is the only bad press I have heard.

Can anyone in the QOY reassure us that the specimen has left and stopped embarrassing you? :?

In seriousness though, they have always seemed to be a good bunch and never heard anything bad about them (apart from the above mentioned exception that proves the rule).

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

From further on in the thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

antphilip wrote:
    Ozgerbobble wrote:

I think in fairness the one I saw was probably TA donkeywallopers(QOY either D Sqn or A Sqn?) but i agree he was a complete tool. He fell instantly in love for one of the geezerbirds and left a note tucked down her cleavage inviting her to marry him and enjoy a life of luxury - what a chod

Is there a reshowing of this programme... I think there needs to be an opportunity to defend the Regiment's good name.

Not QOY (not the chap everybody else is talking about anyway). QOY are safe. :D

So Huzzah for QOY

It was a very good unit when I was in it I enjoyed myself

We can sit here on the keyboard all night but it is a recce reg so you might be as well getting a bit of practise in and going to see for yourself what it's like

5. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

T_B_S - my bad. 1000 salaams to all outraged reagrding my last post.

6. I take it you've left now fella

7. Unfortunately, I seem to have missed this televisual gem and so have no idea who it was (although I have my suspicions).

As for F-R's original question about Y-Squadron, take the advice and visit in person. We don't take just anyone y'know.

8. I had the pleasure of working with a couple of the lads from QOY (Yorkshire SQN) at York earlier this year. They were smashing lads. Good blokes to have a pint with.

9. A pint a pint, they used to drink like fish, but as said before great Squadron :D

10. Ah yes but alas I no longer can drink like I used to.