QM playing dumb over med kit

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Cardinal, Jun 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where do I find out what the CES of my unit is? and if there is no Med kit on the CES where do I find out what/what quantities should be added?

The unit is a regional RLC Squadron, but not part of a Regional RLC Regiment.

Thanks in advance
    Cardinal

2. Are you seriously expecting more than... 'We aren't scaled for it'.

Age old problem... same solutions.

3. msr

msr LE

The QM will hold the Equipment Table, but before you charge off, which items do you require and have you written via your Chain of Command to request them?

msr

4. Cardinal, what Med Kit is it you believe an RLC Sqn should have? If its NSNs you are after for Med Modules I may be able to help.

5. Is it hardware or medicines you are after ? If the latter you'll get 2/10 of zip unless you have folk qual to issue it. A TA CMT nowadays seems to have nothing available to him that you could not get over the counter at Boots - and it'll be a struggle to get that.

6. I cannot even get Zinc Oxide Tape through the SQMS.

FFD's and Chest Seals thats it by way of med kit. They did obtain some expensive med bergens in place of the medic day sack and side pouches I ordered, but not the mesh bags and boxes that go in them. Now even these might be sent back.

Cardinal

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

It all went down on the Atlantic Converyor the stuff that was saved was sent to Donnington just in time for the fire

I once served at a unit where you could hand kit into the civvy storeman and then go and buy it back a week later in his surplus shop - he even gave forces discount

8. msr

msr LE

Have you raised it via your CoC? What reply did you get?

msr

9. Please tell me you made that up.

Although you probably didn't...

10. The SNOMED CT concept id for Zinc Oxide tape is 431246001...

but have you tried DMICP is it anywhere on the portal? It should be on there somewhere, in the dispensing module perhaps???

11. 5 years I have been putting in NSNs for exactly this type of thing- thus far I have only obtained Pressure Bandages (not FFDs anymore) and CATs. They are for training only. No actual med kit for a CMT as the response is- 'We are not scaled for it'.

Yes you can ask your C of C and you know what- you get the response that it isn't their problem- see the QM. The OC even gave me a chance to get some out of the civi stationery catalogue, that's how bad it is. I ordered and got nothing. It is the same story again and again.

You'll also say- well if you don't have the kit, don't do the job, but then is it really that easy? Hence why we all end up beg, borrowing or stealing med kit when on courses, when you are in a med centre on camp, when we rarely get a chance to go to a med unit or when we meet another tooled up medic. Same old problem, same old solution.

12. All of that. Cof C wants soloutions not problems, ie go and buy it. System broken.

Cardinal

13. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

PM me your unit details and exactly what your after and I will have a look, however you may not like the answer as very few RLC units have Med Modules on their Equipment Tables and even the ones that have generally hold little/no stock (HQ LF POL).

14. msr

msr LE

Then take it up with the CO and include all the letters you have sent to the OC. Go up the chain.

msr

15. Then take it up with the CO and include all the letters you have sent to the OC. Go up the chain.

msr[/quote]

Loathe to dump on my OC he writes my CR's.

Cardinal