QM/Kit Suppliers Directory Sticky or similiar

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by beemer007, Dec 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly apologise if this has been covered & i'm blind,

Would it be possible for a 'QM/KIT Suppliers Directory' as i know there must be at least a dozen suppliers in the mist however as a few comapnies are forming ie: Auntie Stella's & BattlePrep to name just the most recent,

Ideally UK based firms but obviously others will be down to Arrse Mods/Admin etc & i understand the issue of 'advertising revenue' issue's snags however arrsers recommendations tried & tested points as i'm also aware of the kit reviews parts of the site but a QM Sticky list would assist many i think

If the powers at be would consider something then it's appreciated, thanks

2. Aunty Stellas post is seven years old so hardly recent, there is or was a 'sticky' in the QMs about good/decent kit suppliers.

3. Ok you got me on Auntie stella's, 1 out of 2 is a fair balance of the ones that 'we' know of

4. I'm not sure if i's been mentioned before, but sometimes the last word, or 2, gets repeated on the second line. Nothing drastic, but it does put me off.

As seen above.....oddly

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Send key setting please. Or a screenshot.

6. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

I think that the companies who pay to have their banners on the site would be a little miffed. There is already a good/bad kit suppliers sticky in the QMs. Anything beyond that and Google is your friend.

7. Do you not see the word "nothing" in my post above repeated twice? Once on the 1st line, then again, as the 1st word on the 2nd line?

I do. If you don't then it may be an IE issue on my laptop. I see it quite often on various posts.

I tried to attach a screenshot but it exceeds the file size permitted

8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

No it shows up fine for me. I did a search for this in the software support forum for vbulletin and found one post about it happening in IE7, but no cure or other report, which makes me think it's quite a rare issue. If you're using IE7 can you upgrade to IE8 and see if that cures it? If IE8, then let me know please.

9. It is IE7. Can't upgrade to IE8, due to restrictions. Did manage to cobble on Google Chrome, and it's fine on that. So, it's an IE7 issue. Nothing more to be done.

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

OK, let's leave it unless we get more comments on the same problem. Chrome should be much faster on here anyway and just about any other site that uses a significant amount of javascript, so I imagine you'll want to stick with that.

11. No problem. I'll have to take Chrome back off, as it's all checked by security. But I've no probs with IE7, even if it is a bit slow sometimes.

12. Minor thing, but about time to drop the poppy off the medals?

13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Good point - I'll crack that later on. Thanks